Question about calorie cycling diets

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So i built myself a diet that provides .8g/protein per lb lean mass on my off days (about 1350 cals) and 1-1.2g protein/lb lean mass on workout days (about 1550-1630 cals). My workouts are pretty high intensity (hills, bike sprints, body weight exercises, weights, hiit/resistance circuits) at 6am...should I keep my higher cal/protein days on the days I workout or should I make it so I fuel this way the day before i workout since i need the energy first thing in the AM?

Mondays are off
T-Th on
Fri off
Sat on
Sun some sort of low impact recovery cardio (incline treadmill, or 3.5-7 mile walks)

so should T-Th & Sat be my bigger day or should M-W and Fri be the bigger day?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
So i built myself a diet that provides .8g/protein per lb lean mass on my off days (about 1350 cals) and 1-1.2g protein/lb lean mass on workout days (about 1550-1630 cals). My workouts are pretty high intensity (hills, bike sprints, body weight exercises, weights, hiit/resistance circuits) at 6am...should I keep my higher cal/protein days on the days I workout or should I make it so I fuel this way the day before i workout since i need the energy first thing in the AM?

Mondays are off
T-Th on
Fri off
Sat on
Sun some sort of low impact recovery cardio (incline treadmill, or 3.5-7 mile walks)

so should T-Th & Sat be my bigger day or should M-W and Fri be the bigger day?
Why would you cycle protein? I don't see the benefit in that. If you are going to cycle I would manipulate carbs IMO:

Monday Higher carb, low as you can stand the rest of the week.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why would you cycle protein? I don't see the benefit in that. If you are going to cycle I would manipulate carbs IMO:

Monday Higher carb, low as you can stand the rest of the week.
Not really trying to cycle protein, but it's the only thing I can remove to get my calories lower...I'm going for a big loss this month, that's my sole focus (much to the disappointment of my trainer). The loss comes from me not having a post workout shake...and depending on how hungry i feel, I may or may not drink my casein at night on rest days.

Carbs are pretty low - 1 slice sprouted whole grain bread and 1 rice cake on rest days, 1/2c oatmeal on workout days....2 servings of fruit on off days, 2-3 on workout days (post workout contains a banana).

Just wondering if it would be smarter to eat bigger the day before I workout since I workout in the AM or just eat the bigger calories on the actual workout day.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Not really trying to cycle protein, but it's the only thing I can remove to get my calories lower...I'm going for a big loss this month, that's my sole focus (much to the disappointment of my trainer). The loss comes from me not having a post workout shake...and depending on how hungry i feel, I may or may not drink my casein at night on rest days.

Carbs are pretty low - 1 slice sprouted whole grain bread and 1 rice cake on rest days, 1/2c oatmeal on workout days....2 servings of fruit on off days, 2-3 on workout days (post workout contains a banana).

Just wondering if it would be smarter to eat bigger the day before I workout since I workout in the AM or just eat the bigger calories on the actual workout day.
Based on that I would bigger on workout days to fuel recovery