Question about Blood Tests

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am interested in getting a blood test done (a couple of them actually), but my doctor didn't refer me for one last time, so I'm kind of stuck. I know I can just pay for them in cash. What is a good company that will allow me to order blood labs without a referral. I am in NYC. Who does Tim Ferriss use (I only mentioned him because I know he advocates blood tests at times). What companies have any of you used?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I am interested in getting a blood test done (a couple of them actually), but my doctor didn't refer me for one last time, so I'm kind of stuck. I know I can just pay for them in cash. What is a good company that will allow me to order blood labs without a referral. I am in NYC. Who does Tim Ferriss use (I only mentioned him because I know he advocates blood tests at times). What companies have any of you used?
Basically, you can ask to get your blood tested during an annual checkup. You can always go back to your doctor to get it done.
You can find out your cholesterol levels, and other stuff like red blood cell count.