Queensbridge: 365 days without a shooting

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On Thursday, Queensbridge, NYC — the largest housing project in the United States, and a social caldron a generation ago — marked its 365th day without a shooting. No one can say with certainty what, precisely, has worked. There are soft approaches, like better cultural and arts opportunities at the local elementary school, and a robust menu of after-school offerings at the Jacob A. Riis Neighborhood Settlement. There is the security apparatus: 15 light towers, 360 cameras and police officers assigned to Queensbridge. There was also the introduction one year ago this week of Cure Violence, which employs Mr. Bryant and others to cool confrontations that are apt to become lethal.

In 1992, Janet Cole, the president of the Queensbridge tenants association, said, “They shoot here two or three times a week.”

In 2003, the police reported that 2,325 people were stopped and searched. Last year, Inspector Capocci said, 11 people were, down from 15 in 2015. The last murder in Queensbridge was in May 2015.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/...gs-new-recipe-at-the-queensbridge-houses.html
Nas albums lost their relevancy there:mjgrin:

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's good, there was a neighborhood in The Bronx that also went almost a year without shootings a few years back and in Baltimore the Cherry Hill neighborhood went 700 days without a shooting. There's probably more examples but these are the ones that come to my head.
What's amazing here is we're talking about the largest housing project in the country.
Many other places have seen a decrease in shootings thanks to gentrification.

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
Nas albums lost their relevancy there:mjgrin:
:francis:...these the type of cats that live over there now

full

full

full

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep