Supporter
Daps
Screenshot-2024-07-14-084520.png

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
They don't know my weapon's capacity or if I have extra rounds.

Announce to them all 'Anyone that tries to escape, dies.'​

I thought about that but what happens if someone calls your bluff?

A HUNDRED men. It only takes like <10 guys to take you down if you had a full clip, if they're close enough.

My answer would also be to lie. I would tell them that there are hidden snipers surrounding the field.

Or tell them that some of the prisoners are guards themselves and will kill whoever tries to escape.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Randomly kill one of them to show you not fukking around

They don't know I only have 1 bullet, so
In their minds, they're gonna think "if he has a limited supply, why waste one on a random shot?"

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Kill him.

Nothing in the OP states you're the ONLY guard. Just that you are guarding them.

:pachaha:

True but at the same time, for the sake of the question, I cannot assume there are other guards, otherwise what would be the point?

Nothing in the OP states that the prisoners have legs. Maybe they're crawling away.

Nothing in the OP states that the prisoners are older than 2 years old. I wouldn't even need the gun at that point.

You gotta take the question for what it is.

You can kill one of the prisoners but that might cause some to panic. Then what? And what happens if more than one tries to escape at the same time? You have ONE bullet and the rest will keep running because they're scared.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"One of you will attempt to escape. If you murder the person trying to escape...you will be freed".

Watch as the 99th man kills the 100th man.

Shoot the last one (99th).

(Edited to correct the number)
that sounds right, its the only way to ensure a 0% chance of escape for everyone

Or another way to say it is "you are responsible for the person to your right, if they try to escape kill them or you both will be killed" something to that effect.
At that point they do all the work and you only have to watch one person yourself.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
True but at the same time, for the sake of the question, I cannot assume there are other guards, otherwise what would be the point?
Killing one trying to escape drives the point and makes true the condition made in OP: if they are CERTAIN of death, they will not try to escape.​

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
From Reddit:

The problem is the "non-zero" caveat.

Any scenario described creates a non-zero chance of escape.

Unless you remove the prisoners' ability to accurately determine their statistical likelihood of escape.

No one guard, even well armed, can secure 100 prisoners.

So you take the panopticon approach, and have them police themselves.

Fire the gun into the dirt (or shoot one prisoner, depending on your morals). This showcases the weapon is real, and loaded with live ammo, not blanks.

Explain that any escape attempt will lead to you unloading the rest of your magazine into the closest prisoners to you, whether they attempt escape or not.

Then you warn you have other guards in their midst who will do the same, unloading their own hidden weapons.

You've removed their ability to accurately gauge the statistical certainty, or lack thereof, of their position.

Are you close to a guard? Is someone planning an escape? Will you be shot?

All escape attempts are undefinable, mathematically, as there are an unknown number of variables.

Everyone can escape unharmed, but no one believes they can escape unharmed.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah my first thought was to find a self-sufficient way for them to govern themselves and you need them to believe something that you're not capable of realistically doing.

You have to give a sense of "fukk around and find out" and not have them not want to find out.

It's basically how the rich operate and the hypnotism they got everyone under because realistically they can't defend against the world for going after them.

A few thousand people ruining this planet are keeping nearly 10 billion people scared of their power they don't truly have. The force protecting them if they snapped out of it would put a bullet in their head.

It's a BS interview question though, but man that question is Blackrock's M.O.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Isn't it just you let them go? Technically they didn't escape.

Either or kill one of them and hope they think you have a loaded mag. How are they secured?

Daps
You separate the murderers based on some physical characteristic (skin color or height since they are men).

Then you let them duke it out for privileges. The winners get more food, water etc. Basically get them focused on each other instead of you. Keep that gun handy and use it once if needed to kill an unruly prisoner but try not to use it.