🎨"Put Them To The Sword" 36x48 Mixed Media On Wood Panel 🎨

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
"Put Them To The Sword" 36x48 Mixed Media on Wood Panel (Acrylic, Spray Paint, Crayon, Oil Stick)

PXL-20240921-200334141.jpg

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dope composition. I loved the color scheme and it reminds me a lot of the tarot Queen of Swords. The head dress perspective is particularly fly imo. And the apparent ease that the sword is held with makes it seem heavy, but makes the justice aspect implied and matter of fact. Pretty cool.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Dope composition. I loved the color scheme and it reminds me a lot of the tarot Queen of Swords. The head dress perspective is particularly fly imo. And the apparent ease that the sword is held with makes it seem heavy, but makes the justice aspect implied and matter of fact. Pretty cool.
Preciate it. This is the Vodou Goddess Of War Erzulie Dantor. She can be found in tarot card decks especially the black versions as Empress.

Also the Virgin Mary was a white washed copy of her. And she was the Goddess the Haitians worshipped and praised before putting the French to the sword.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Preciate it. This is the Vodou Goddess Of War Erzulie Dantor. She can be found in tarot card decks especially the black versions as Empress.

Also the Virgin Mary was a white washed copy of her. And she was the Goddess the Haitians worshipped and praised before putting the French to the sword.

You speak of the the unspeakable art lol. My letter is the girl in the dress that is yellow but white. The vulture gets discredited, but in fact is noble. Only animal that doesn't kill. Learned that from a friend.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
You speak of the the unspeakable art lol. My letter is the girl in the dress that is yellow but white. The vulture gets discredited, but in fact is noble. Only animal that doesn't kill. Learned that from a friend.
Please expound. I only understood the Culture reference.

What about the letter and girl? What does the color yellow and white mean?

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Please expound. I only understood the Culture reference.

What about the letter and girl? What does the color yellow and white mean?
In "santeria", there's a tale of a girl that is great. She wears a white dress and works hard. She only has one dress, but cleans it often. So it gives off a yellow hue.

A letter is just more or less you're "sign", as astrology calls it. Not the same, buts it's the best analogy I can confer.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
In "santeria", there's a tale of a girl that is great. She wears a white dress and works hard. She only has one dress, but cleans it often. So it gives off a yellow hue.

A letter is just more or less you're "sign", as astrology calls it. Not the same, buts it's the best analogy I can confer.
Santeria is dope. I hope to do some art of it one day.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Santeria is dope. I hope to do some art of it one day.
It's some like owe okina. I can't remember exactly. It's all stories but it's interesting. Just be careful. Do your own research.

I just love the vulture theme. I don't love the whole sacrifice of animals part, but to each his own. I keep it halal. But it's kind of vital to be aware. I only say that because I'm aware.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
You keep this up and Jay-Z gonna be seen in public dressing like you :ehh:
I don't think Jay cosplay as Jean-Michel Basquiat. He just freeformed his hair. I do think he is enamored by his story like most folks are tho.

But salute regardless:salute:I hope to have an amazing art show in 2025. I got more heat coming too