Put some respec on my name

Should character resets/respec be allowed?

• Total voters

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Ef0LEom.png

I can't understand why certain games don't allow you to respec/reset your character. It gives me anxiety and no lie I've spent hours researching on some subreddit about optimal builds. Or worse, I'll chance it and end up investing in a skill/specialty that has little utility. Most recently it happened with Prey (love the game) and I was stuck with some bullshyt choices I made way earlier before I understood my options. Not to mention I was getting bodied by previously helpful and benign NPCs because of these choices. Not the end of the world since repeat playthroughs are encouraged but damn. If devs are going to impose such a thing at least be as descriptive as possible and show the potential of each skill tree, please. For example I like the way Borderlands and Outriders handle it.
Shoutout to Arkane, though. Great game.:salute:And a breh heads the studio.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m cool either way. Some games are overly complicated and you don’t really know wtf you’re doing until you’re 40 hours in, especially if you aren’t familiar with the systems. Divinity original sin 2, elden ring or any souls-like, etc.

But im also cool with just completely fukking up my character and playing through the game again the way i really want