Put me up on game with End User Computing (MDM/MAM)

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
So I support an MDM (Workspace One/AirWatch) at my current job, been there just over 2 years, and I'm finally looking towards certifications.

I was initially gonna go that route but the problem is... I just learned today that they're looking to switch from that to Microsoft Intune :dwillhuh: I really like this kinda work and I'm sure that's the direction I wanna go in for the long haul.

Does anybody here work with Intune? Endpoint? I figure with this shift that's about to happen I could get my certs up there and at least leave Support, but Microsoft has a jillion certs :mindblown: I almost get the sense Imma have to learn EVERYTHING before I can really dive into Intune and/or Endpoint but a brother is impatient. I want that money now :damn: Any advice/tips for a cert path particularly with Microsoft is appreciated. VMware too. That's what I'm comfortable with and think would reduce the learning curve but I'm sure a lot more companies are on Microsoft :upsetfavre:

90MIND

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC-RDU, DMV-PG, MoCo,
Here's what you do, buy a license for M365 E5, this license will give you access to all things related to intune. Start practicing using your own devices. I have my own tenant based on my small MSP, but I’m also an IT ops manager. I also manage a provisioning team which deals and nothing but MDM. My provisioning team uses hexnode currently but I use intune and JamF for IT.

From a pure MDM standpoint, most are the same, just adjust to different interfaces. Intune is a whole other beast because of the MAM + conditional access and all the other features that Microsoft throws in.

I'm on mobile right now but when I'm in front of a computer I can add more info.

I've been in IT for about 15 years but the last 6 specifically have been with life science companies that handle data collection for clinical trials. Most companies that are operating in this area are building apps, deploying them to devices using their MDM systems, and providing these devices to their clients all over the world. I’ve had a lot of time to work with some of everything over the past few years, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Here's what you do, buy a license for M365 E5, this license will give you access to all things related to intune. Start practicing using your own devices. I have my own tenant based on my small MSP, but I’m also an IT ops manager. I also manage a provisioning team which deals and nothing but MDM. My provisioning team uses hexnode currently but I use intune and JamF for IT.

From a pure MDM standpoint, most are the same, just adjust to different interfaces. Intune is a whole other beast because of the MAM + conditional access and all the other features that Microsoft throws in.

I'm on mobile right now but when I'm in front of a computer I can add more info.

I've been in IT for about 15 years but the last 6 specifically have been with life science companies that handle data collection for clinical trials. Most companies that are operating in this area are building apps, deploying them to devices using their MDM systems, and providing these devices to their clients all over the world. I’ve had a lot of time to work with some of everything over the past few years, I might be able to point you in the right direction.
I meant to get back to you sooner but listen: THANK YOU, REP. I hadn’t even thought of that. Things are really shaking up where I’m at in more ways than I care to bother you with. I’ll try to be brief and appreciate any more advice.

A big change is on the horizon. I was approached today by a manager about joining his team, but it’s basic desktop support... imaging, firewalls, some networking. It’s ideal for someone fresh to IT— which I don’t know— but I was lucky enough to find my niche and I really like it. I always sensed that they aren't running MDM so I prodded a bit on it and it still doesn't sound like it. My question is, how much of this kind of stuff is advantageous to MDM/MAM?

That's where I wanna go and there's honestly no telling what direction they'll go with the current state, but I wanna be as suitable as possible-- for what *I* want. Honestly at the convergence of it all. Desktops/Laptops, Tablets, & Phones. I'd like the skills necessary at place controlling all those at the push of a button.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Does anyone else deal with this line of work?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I do. I’ll post something a bit later, I've got work to do.

What do you want to know?