Pulled/strained ab muscle

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
how can I get over this? I’ve never been in this much pain in my life. I’m trying to get in shape before I go back to work in August & I think I over did it.

Monday I hiked 10 miles (have hiked 20 & 25 before while in the military) & I was ok after that. Just dehydrated like hell. Wednesday I went to the gym & did chest & tris, & I got on these two ab machines. I took some preworkout before I went, so I was in there feeling like I could go all day.

Normally when I do the ab machines I get cramps in my stomach that last a few minutes cause I don’t work on them that often. But this time a whole day later on Thursday, I’ve been having pain in my side ab area.

I’ve been in bed since Wednesday & I haven’t ate since Thursday. I don’t have an appetite, I have diarrhea & I’m coughing up mucus.

I’ve been alternating between ice packs & heat pads to help but it only works for a little bit. It hurts to move, breathe & cough :mjcry:

I was reading where it said it usually takes a few weeks to get over it, but I can’t be in this much pain for weeks.

What do I need to do?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
how can I get over this? I’ve never been in this much pain in my life. I’m trying to get in shape before I go back to work in August & I think I over did it.

Monday I hiked 10 miles (have hiked 20 & 25 before while in the military) & I was ok after that. Just dehydrated like hell. Wednesday I went to the gym & did chest & tris, & I got on these two ab machines. I took some preworkout before I went, so I was in there feeling like I could go all day.

Normally when I do the ab machines I get cramps in my stomach that last a few minutes cause I don’t work on them that often. But this time a whole day later on Thursday, I’ve been having pain in my side ab area.

I’ve been in bed since Wednesday & I haven’t ate since Thursday. I don’t have an appetite, I have diarrhea & I’m coughing up mucus.

I’ve been alternating between ice packs & heat pads to help but it only works for a little bit. It hurts to move, breathe & cough :mjcry:

I was reading where it said it usually takes a few weeks to get over it, but I can’t be in this much pain for weeks.

What do I need to do?

See a Dr.

killacal

Banned
Daps
Crunches aren't a natural movement and it was invented by cacs

If you're core ain't bullet proof you risk damaging tissue hysterically pulling yourself up.(supposed to be a slow controlled movement)

You should do planks and variations of planks

You'll get true strength stability and functionality of your core.

It'll also help lengthen your core so you can't injure it later.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
See a Dr.

No insurance. Long story

Crunches aren't a natural movement and it was invented by cacs

If you're core ain't bullet proof you risk damaging tissue hysterically pulling yourself up.(supposed to be a slow controlled movement)

You should do planks and variations of planks

You'll get true strength stability and functionality of your core.

It'll also help lengthen your core so you can't injure it later.

Didn’t know this..thanks man. The pain is slowly going away but I still have diarrhea & still haven’t ate anything since Thursday

I’ll implement planks & 6 inches when I recover

killacal

Banned
Daps
No insurance. Long story

Didn’t know this..thanks man. The pain is slowly going away but I still have diarrhea & still haven’t ate anything since Thursday
Digestion is gonna be fukked up until your core is no longer collapsing down on your stomach
Google

Bird dogs

Cat cow

Both excercises will help