• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I had really high expectations for VR that weren't really met initially. It took me about a month to appreciate it properly. Now I love it. shyt, you should just buy a Rift. I'm pretty sure you'll like it. Everybody I show it to loves it. The Vive costs more, but does have motion controllers. I think they are gimmicky, but they work well with some games. Plus the Vive can play Rift games

Sound cool and graphics will be more impressive I assume?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Sound cool and graphics will be more impressive I assume?
No, it's the same resolution, but you'll be able to have better effects and framerate. Like Nvidia has their gameworks and shyt in some VR games. The Vive is probably the smart choice, but I like my OR better

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I am hopeful for VR, but I think that it will have to be an easier way to consume the content in order for it to be ready for mass consumption. Phil Spencer took a look at the VR space and I agree with his idea that it is best meant for the PC crowd at the moment.

The reality is that many people who enjoy video games don't have the square footage to dedicate to the setup after jumping the hurdles of going out to buy a decent system to really enjoy it. Currently the cheapest way to get VR is at around $800 or so after taxes...that is simply just not feasible for most.

Luckily I don't have to worry about any of that and will grab a PSVR for free after a little work on my end. All that said the safest choice is definitely the HTC Vive, but too bad that shyt costs $800 on it's own.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eurogamer says Driveclub VR is the shyt:

On the face of it, a racing game on PlayStation VR shouldn't stand a chance against a high-powered PC coupled with Oculus Rift or HTC Vive, but after playing DriveClub VR at Gamescom this week, our viewpoint has shifted. Simply put - this is the most immersive racing game we've played in VR to date. From Assetto Corsa to Dirt Rally all the way to Project Cars, it's clear that the gorgeous visual design of the original DriveClub allows the game to stand above its more technically demanding peers. It's a classic case of software design triumphing over hardware limitations.

Then we look out across the track - yes, the fidelity of the PSVR headset is certainly a step down from the Rift or Vive, but it quickly shoots to the back of your mind once you hit the accelerator. The weight of the car and the way this is communicated within the game gives it a feeling that genuinely took me by surprise. It feels supremely natural and really gives the impression that you're sitting in a car. I've spent a lot of time with some of the best PC VR racers and the virtual cockpit always felt 'off', a driving 'uncanny valley' of sorts, in a way that DriveClub does not.

Ultimately, DriveClub VR demonstrates how effective virtual reality can be - even using less capable hardware. Smart software design and well executed technical artistry can definitely overcome these limitations, resulting in an experience that feels every bit as potent as the more powerful PC VR solutions. The devil is in the details and these details help make for an incredibly enjoyable experience. DriveClub VR is the real deal - virtual racing at its finest. We'll have more details on the game once it releases this fall alongside PlayStation VR.

:ohlawd:

Glad to hear the graphics still look amazing in VR and the presence and immersion trumps any graphics.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...h-driveclub-vr

@Leasy the gawds have spoken. Driveclub VR is on par with your overpriced PC. :ohlawd:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I saw a demo the other day, but I didn't have time to try it. it has a little box that looks like a mini PS4. I guess it handles some of the processing

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw a demo the other day, but I didn't have time to try it. it has a little box that looks like a mini PS4. I guess it handles some of the processing
Sony: 'PlayStation VR Breakout Box is Not a Crutch for PS4'
What does it do?

• Object-based 3D audio processing
  • Displays social screen
    • Mirroring mode
    • Separate mode
  • Displays PS4 system software interface in “cinematic mode”
What is it not?

• Extra GPU power
  • Extra CPU power
  • Playstation 4 “expansion unit” or “upgrade”
  • Accessible by the developer in any way

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Eurogamer says Driveclub VR is the shyt:

:ohlawd:

Glad to hear the graphics still look amazing in VR and the presence and immersion trumps any graphics.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...h-driveclub-vr

@Leasy the gawds have spoken. Driveclub VR is on par with your overpriced PC. :ohlawd:

Lol at you believing that the hype train is ridiculous this gen. So basically its the best VR on the market they are saying even better than PC VR??? :russ:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol at you believing that the hype train is ridiculous this gen. So basically its the best VR on the market they are saying even better than PC VR??? :russ:
shyt is better breh u heard it straight from the cac's mouth.
digital-foundry-richard-leadbetter.jpg

Would he lie!?

PSVR is basically a gift from the SSony godz that's why the graphics look crazy even though its only 4hunnid though. :wow:

Saved me $800 bucks breh. :ohlawd:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
shyt is better breh u heard it straight from the cac's mouth.
digital-foundry-richard-leadbetter.jpg

Would he lie!?

PSVR is basically a gift from the SSony godz that's why the graphics look crazy even though its only 4hunnid though. :wow:

Saved me $800 bucks breh. :ohlawd:

Is that Digital Foundry :lolbron: they be dikkriding riding Sony too much especially for it to be a company they is suppose to be just for video games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that Digital Foundry :lolbron: they be dikkriding riding Sony too much especially for it to be a company they is suppose to be just for video games.
Nah they not funboys they legit.
DF nikka said:
Yeah, I actually was most blown away by how well async time warp actually works at 60fps. It feels very much like it's running at a higher frame-rate overall.

It was really just an incredible experience that I didn't expect to be that good.

Breh I think u gotta ride that wave OCT 13th breh it's gettin srs out here.

PS4 Slim
PS4 NEO
PS VR

The trinity breh oh gawd

jay-z-roc-sign.jpg

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt comes with a demo disc

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...adbpr=36969785

Okay – so you’re ready and excited to dive into the revolutionary experience of PlayStation VR when it hits shops on 13th October. But with so many breathtaking games out there, where do you start? We say: why limit yourself to one? The PlayStation VR demo disc will feature a massive eight titles for you to sample, so you can get the perfect introduction to your new Virtual Reality world.

DRIVECLUB VR – Evolution Studios

Feel the speed of high-octane racing in an entirely new way – you’ve literally never seen DRIVECLUB like this before.

PlayStation VR Worlds – LONDON STUDIO

In this demo you get to make a splash in the perilous waters of Ocean Descent, one of the five PS VR experiences available in the full game. Amazing sights, a lost secret and extreme danger all await…
You can get even more info on PlayStation VR Worlds right here.

RIGS Mechanized Combat League – Guerrilla Games

Master some of the most sophisticated and athletic fighting machinery ever created, in fast-paced arena combat – this is the future of sport.

Tumble VR – Supermassive Games

Explore a new dimension in puzzling with a fully 3D version of the classic block stacking game.

Battlezone – Rebellion

Experience tomorrow’s battlefield today in the powerful Cobra tank, and demolish all that trundles in your path.

EVE: Valkyrie – CCP

Take to the stars and blast your way through swarms of enemy fighters in nerve-shredding space bound battles. Catch up on everything from our massive EVE: Valkyrie week, here.

Wayward Sky – Uber Entertainment

Soar among the beauty of the clouds in search for your father, in a crumbling airborne fortress.

Headmaster – Frame Interactive

Have a little kick around (erm… with your head) over at the wonderful Football Improvement Centre, which is most certainly not a prison of any kind whatsoever.