• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
No, unfortunately, there's no haptic feedback on the trackpads. That woulda been a good idea though. They shoulda done that.

I think you'll understand the limitations of the controllers more when you get your Vive next month.

The current games are being developed around the controllers, which I think is limiting them.

True it sounds cool to use the left controller to pump a shotgun and then use the right controller to shoot, but that gets old quick (and not to mention tiring). Physically ducking is also cool...at first, but then that get's tiring too. I'm talking physically tiring. Using your body for everything is cool for a bit, but only in short bursts. Think about all the things you do in games. Using your body to do everything really isn't possible for more than an hour or so (and I'm a physically fit person). Plus, you gotta worry about the headset moving around and the three wires running out the back of your head. I almost tripped over them while turning around too quickly once.

So you mean to tell me... you spent 1500+ on some shyt that you didnt realize might get boring to you? its not like they hid the fact that you'd be doing motion control stuff :patrice:

Its pretty much implied with vr...

I mean, VR cynics on this very board were saying the same things months ago, that it looked like wii games :patrice:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So you mean to tell me... you spent 1500+ on some shyt that you didnt realize might get boring to you? its not like they hid the fact that you'd be doing motion control stuff :patrice:

Its pretty much implied with vr...

I mean, VR cynics on this very board were saying the same things months ago, that it looked like wii games :patrice:
I spent $1500 plus on a new technology. The games aren't there yet, but I truly believe they will come in time. I'm simply stating my opinions on the current games that are out. VR has only been around for 2 weeks. I expect it to get better.

Keep in mind I spend $2K for GPUs in my computer. $1500 is nothing (no brag, just the truth), and I can sell it if I'm disappointed in 6 months.

I'm just giving my firsthand experience with this shyt. I like being honest. I'm not pulling any punches. I could try to justify my purchases and say shyt is great, but that's not what I like to do. Right now, the games aren't there, and the remotes are simply more advanced Wiimotes. My Rift hasn't arrived yet, so I'll reserve judgement on that device, but I'm excited to try out some "real" games with the X1 controller on the RIft. I have high hopes for the Rift, and I hope I'm at least 50% satisfied.

I'm just speaking on my experience because nobody else on here has this shyt. I was the biggest proponent of VR these past few months (as my posts show), but I've been disappointed with what is out on the Vive right now (and I have 48 Vive games). I'm not gonna stan some shyt just cuz I spent $1500 on it. I give my honest opinion, just like everything else. Take it or leave it :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I spent $1500 plus on a new technology. The games aren't there yet, but I truly believe they will come in time. I'm simply stating my opinions on the current games that are out. VR has only been around for 2 weeks. I expect it to get better.

Keep in mind I spend $2K for GPUs in my computer. $1500 is nothing (no brag, just the truth), and I can sell it if I'm disappointed in 6 months.

I'm just giving my firsthand experience with this shyt. I like being honest. I'm not pulling any punches. I could try to justify my purchases and say shyt is great, but that's not what I like to do. Right now, the games aren't there, and the remotes are simply more advanced Wiimotes. My Rift hasn't arrived yet, so I'll reserve judgement on that device, but I'm excited to try out some "real" games with the X1 controller on the RIft. I have high hopes for the Rift, and I hope I'm at least 50% satisfied.

I'm just speaking on my experience because nobody else on here has this shyt. I was the biggest proponent of VR these past few months (as my posts show), but I've been disappointed with what is out on the Vive right now (and I have 48 Vive games). I'm not gonna stan some shyt just cuz I spent $1500 on it. I give my honest opinion, just like everything else. Take it or leave it :manny:
POTY material. Pull up a chair and learn from this man.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you don't think it fits the VR experience? (besides the fact you're generally a VR doubter)
I rember you yourself saying if inputs aren't 100% reliable, then they aren't worth using at all.

Motion controls are inherently janky. VR don't doesn't change that.

I find it funny that the same dudes rallying against motion controls for at least half a decade, are now coming up with defensive narratives for the inherent motion fukkery.

As a person that bought kinect day 1 TWICE I feel i'm pretty experienced on the issue.

It's the chicken or egg dichotomy.

The tech isn't proven enough to inspire AAA investment. And there aren't any games AAA games to inspire people to go out and purchase the tech.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
if thats the case, then @MeachTheMonster is the real MVP. he called the shyt and didnt have to drop stacks on it :yeshrug:
I been called that crap and caught all kinds of flack on here for it. Only difference is I have a preorders on PSVR that from the jump I wasnt excited about but did it because I knew I could cancel.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Keep in mind, I'm an early adopter with this tech shyt. I always buy the latest tech. I have a 4K TV, all the consoles, all the VR headsets ordered, the most powerful GPUs, etc. I love new tech; it's my passion. Just because I buy it doesn't mean I'm gonna stan it. I pride myself in being honest. I'm just giving y'all my honest opinion of this shyt. Take that for what it's worth. I'll always buy the new tech. It my hobby and passion. It's not gonna stop anytime soon :yeshrug:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Keep in mind, I'm an early adopter with this tech shyt. I always buy the latest tech. I have a 4K TV, all the consoles, all the VR headsets ordered, the most powerful GPUs, etc. I love new tech; it's my passion. Just because I buy it doesn't mean I'm gonna stan it. I pride myself in being honest. I'm just giving y'all my honest opinion of this shyt. Take that for what it's worth. I'll always buy the new tech. It my hobby and passion. It's not gonna stop anytime soon :yeshrug:
:wow::salute: