PSVR Launches 10/13/2016 at $399

Price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll take @Ciggavelli s word over some random editor. At least I'm familiar with where he's coming from when he posts something and he seems honest enough.
The last post I made wasn't from some editor. This line of thinking suggest that anyone who doesn't say what you're expecting them to say isn't trustworthy. It's basically the "Yeah he doesn't agree with my opinion so he's not trustworthy." There's a whole thread on GAF for the HTC Vive launch and it has impressions from people who bought it.
Either way, only when you try it will it matter. Reading impressions and opinions from people online won't matter because it doesn't guarantee you'll like it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's cool to be skeptical and not a fan. Everybody got their own opinion. I'm just saying it's kind of silly to use one guy's opinion on something just to go "YUP CONFIRMED GARBAGE!."

It's like someone who was on the fence asking me what i think about MGSV and went "YUP JUST LIKE I THOUGHT!". That'd be confirmation bias as had they asked you they'd get an entirely different answer.
:whoa: I'm not saying " confirmed garbage". I am however saying :jbhmm:"it seems like my concerns aren't completely far off after all". Underneath the surface me and you are saying the same thing, I'm just approaching it pessimistically and your approaching it optimistically. We both agree it's the games that willake or break the peripheral, not nexessarily the hardware. Going off of Sony's history with peripherals, I have no reason to believe this thing will truly succeed. Not saying I want it to fail. Just saying I doubt it will succeed. If that makes sense.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The last post I made wasn't from some editor. This line of thinking suggest that anyone who doesn't say what you're expecting them to say isn't trustworthy. It's basically the "Yeah he doesn't agree with my opinion so he's not trustworthy."
I take into consideration all opinions. Ask @MeachTheMonster about the conversation we had today. Real rap, I would rather get a detailed opinion from one of you guys than an editor from any where online. We speak to eachother on a daily basis. We may never meet, but I talk to some of you guys more than I speak to other people in real life. I got a bunch of real life friends, but during work hours, I'm talking with all of you. So I'm familiar with the things you like and dislike, and taking your opinions into consideration can help me decide on trying a game. I can tell you I probably wouldn't have gotten the division (at least as soon as I did) if it wasn't for the coli.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: I'm not saying " confirmed garbage". I am however saying :jbhmm:"it seems like my concerns aren't completely far off after all". Underneath the surface me and you are saying the same thing, I'm just approaching it pessimistically and your approaching it optimistically. We both agree it's the games that willake or break the peripheral, not nexessarily the hardware. Going off of Sony's history with peripherals, I have no reason to believe this thing will truly succeed. Not saying I want it to fail. Just saying I doubt it will succeed. If that makes sense.
If it fails, it wouldn't even mean it's due to the games. It could simply be due to other factors(bad messaging, cost etc.)

Street Fighter V is technically "flopping" right now. Has nothing to do with the actual quality. I think IMO Sony is playing it right by launching much later this year to allow more games to come out and shipping stuff. Seems like right now a lot of folks can't even get their hardware yet.

I'll try this thing out in June, if I like it and more games I want come out, I'll keep my preorder; If not I'll cancel. No biggie to me :yeshrug: People might think from my tone on here that I"m merely interested in VR because Sony is behind it.

PS4K and NX are other things I want later this year anyway if they do come out.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If it fails, it wouldn't even mean it's due to the games. It could simply be due to other factors(bad messaging, cost etc.)

Street Fighter V is technically "flopping" right now. Has nothing to do with the actual quality.
IMO Street Fighter V flopped because of a couple factors, some of which include; a confusing launch with very limited features, very poor match making, and the decline in popularity of fighting games in general. But you aren't debating Street Fighter and I agree with where you're coming from. Success depends on a number of things. I always try to balance my criticisms with praise whenever possible because I know my general sarcasm can have some people think I'm trolling or stanning.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMO Street Fighter V flopped because of a couple factors, some of which include; a confusing launch with very limited features, very poor match making, and the decline in popularity of fighting games in general. But you aren't debating Street Fighter and I agree with where you're coming from. Success depends on a number of things. I always try to balance my criticisms with praise whenever possible because I know my general sarcasm can have some people think I'm trolling or stanning.
MGSV sucks though. I'll have you know that. Worst game to be shipped out last year. My god, I'm still mad Steam doesn't allow 100 hour later refunds :wow:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I am trying all this VR shyt here soon, including PSVR.

I will give my thoughts with it. I hope I don't get pink eye :mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Maybe, just maybe the software you're playing on the Vive isn't really special?? I mean to discount the technology because of some mediocre games is a bit premature. It's like someone playing Snake on a old azz Nokia N gage going "I don't think mobile gaming is the future I mean after fukking around with this I'm not sure."

You're playing tech demos and shovelware games and going "Meh VR is doomed" Also you're literally just one person spreading VR impressions on a forum where most don't have it. Too much of a small sample size.
Breh, I literally just got through playing VR for the past hour and a half. I was playing my favorite game so far, Audioshield. There are three things that I see as a problem. 1) arm fatigue (keeping your arms up for so long wears on you after about an hour. 2) Neck fatigue (I know the Vive is the heavest headset, but you start to notice it around 30 minutes in. My neck literally is sore right now. 3) Eye fatigue (the resolution is so low, and you're looking at 3D for hours on end. It's very disorienting. I'm back "in the real world" now writing this, and my brain is still fukked up from being in a virtual world for over an hour).

Finally, the controllers are gimmicky. They're Wiimotes. No way around that. They're simply more advanced Wiimotes. When I get to a real game that uses the X1 controller, I might feel different, but right now, those remotes, and I'm assuming this will be the same for the PS Move remotes, are gimmicks. No real game is gonna use them. You need a full-fledged controller for that shyt. I can't wait for my Rift next week, when I can play some games meant for full controller use. Right now all the Vive games use their remotes. The Rift uses the X1 controller exclusively. Lucky's Tale and Chronos should be fun (not to mention all the other games like Half-Life, Alien: Isolation, The Witness, etc. that have Rift support).

It might just be the Vive games that suck right now, but I'm not impressed. Once I get my Rift and can play "real" games, I'll assess the situation again.

AND the resolution on these things fukking sucks. It's like an SD rip compared to a HD rip. We're talking less than 720p resolution. shyt is blurry as fukk. I know the PSVR is supposed to be a bit better, but I gotta see it to believe it. :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I literally just got through playing VR for the past hour and a half. I was playing my favorite game so far, Audioshield. There are three things that I see as a problem. 1) arm fatigue (keeping your arms up for so long wears on you after about an hour. 2) Neck fatigue (I know the Vive is the heavest headset, but you start to notice it around 30 minutes in. My neck literally is sore right now. 3) Eye fatigue (the resolution is so low, and you're looking at 3D for hours on end. It's very disorienting. I'm back "in the real world" now writing this, and my brain is still fukked up from being in a virtual world for over an hour).

Finally, the controllers are gimmicky. They're Wiimotes. No way around that. They're simply more advanced Wiimotes. When I get to a real game that uses the X1 controller, I might feel different, but right now, those remotes, and I'm assuming this will be the same for the PS Move remotes, are gimmicks. No real game is gonna use them. You need a full-fledged controller for that shyt. I can't wait for my Rift next week, when I can play some games meant for full controller use. Right now all the Vive games use their remotes. The Rift uses the X1 controller exclusively. Lucky's Tale and Chronos should be fun (not to mention all the other games like Half-Life, Alien: Isolation, The Witness, etc. that have Rift support).

It might just be the Vive games that suck right now, but I'm not impressed. Once I get my Rift and can play "real" games, I'll assess the situation again.

AND the resolution on these things fukking sucks. It's like an SD rip compared to a HD rip. We're talking less than 720p resolution. shyt is blurry as fukk. I know the PSVR is supposed to be a bit better, but I gotta see it to believe it. :manny:
I can understand the controller thing(Rift and PSVR uses regular controllers) BUT idk what you're talking about with the resolution thing. That's one thing I haven't heard other people complain about at all thus far. The way you're emphasizing it makes it seem like you're an outlier. :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I can understand the controller thing(Rift and PSVR uses regular controllers) BUT idk what you're talking about with the resolution thing. That's one thing I haven't heard other people complain about at all thus far. The way you're emphasizing it makes it seem like you're an outlier. :yeshrug:
Breh, I'm not an outlier, others on gaf have mentioned it too. I'm used to 1440p and 4K, so I'm probably biased, but the resolution is like literally looking through a screen door. Have you tried the Gear VR? It's only a little bit better than that. I thought I'd be getting at least clear visuals, but text is hard to read unless it's real big (and the games I've played so far, which number in the 40s, all use very large text).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I'm not an outlier, others on gaf have mentioned it too. I'm used to 1440p and 4K, so I'm probably biased, but the resolution is like literally looking through a screen door. Have you tried the Gear VR? It's only a little bit better than that. I thought I'd be getting at least clear visuals, but text is hard to read unless it's real big (and the games I've played so far, which number in the 40s, all use very large text).
Idk seems like the Rift and Vive aren't exactly 1:1 because some of the things you complain about seems to not be issues on the Rift for some reason from a cursory glance(just skimming through threads.) :yeshrug:

Idk. I've dabbled with 1440K for about a few weeks when I bought a 1440P monitor to test out so I'm familiar with image quality so I have experience there. I haven't tried the Gear, the only thing I tried was a DIY cardboard VR someone at work made and image quality was fine imo.