• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
i hope i can get one on preorder at gamestop, so i can layaway the fuk outta this shyt and pay a little at a time, cause i know my buyers remorse will be crazy if i have amazon just charge me $500 for something i'm not even sure i really want

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i hope i can get one on preorder at gamestop, so i can layaway the fuk outta this shyt and pay a little at a time, cause i know my buyers remorse will be crazy if i have amazon just charge me $500 for something i'm not even sure i really want

Amazon doesnt charge unless it ships. Are they taking up front charges on this bytch???

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
fukk it...I've decided to buy the bundle Tuesday (if I can get my order in on time). I'll just sell the shyt I don't need or flip the entire bundle when just the headset comes up for sale. I checked my bank account and I'm all good. My wallet is hurting a bit with buying three VR headsets, but it's worth it. I'm an early adopter. :manny:

My Rift and Vive come in a matter of weeks :blessed:

Now if I could just figure out if my GPUs are okay or not. I can't consistently get them to flicker, so I think it's software related, but I dunno. The games that flicker, Blops3 and the Division are known to flicker in sli. shyt's so frustrating though. And I really don't want to RMA a 3rd card. They pass stress tests, so I dunno.

By the way @itsyoung!! was right in that PS 4.5 thread, I've had to RMA 4 cards in the past 3 years. It'll be 5 if I RMA again. PC gaming :sadcam:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
fukk it...I've decided to buy the bundle Tuesday (if I can get my order in on time). I'll just sell the shyt I don't need or flip the entire bundle when just the headset comes up for sale. I checked my bank account and I'm all good. My wallet is hurting a bit with buying three VR headsets, but it's worth it. I'm an early adopter. :manny:

My Rift and Vive come in a matter of weeks :blessed:

Now if I could just figure out if my GPUs are okay or not. I can't consistently get them to flicker, so I think it's software related, but I dunno. The games that flicker, Blops3 and the Division are known to flicker in sli. shyt's so frustrating though. And I really don't want to RMA a 3rd card. They pass stress tests, so I dunno.

By the way @itsyoung!! was right in that PS 4.5 thread, I've had to RMA 4 cards in the past 3 years. It'll be 5 if I RMA again. PC gaming :sadcam:

I gotta :salute: your dedication to this gaming shyt.

Hope you're happy with all three:cheers:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I gotta :salute: your dedication to this gaming shyt.

Hope you're happy with all three:cheers:
Thanks, breh :cheers:

I hope I'm not disappointed. I have very high expectations. We'll see in a few weeks. I've wanted good VR since I first put on a VR headset as a child. This is a dream come true for me. Let's hope it has staying power :sadcam:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
nikkas!! Don't copp this shyt! You gone be lookin stupid a few months later..right along with ya "hover boards" lmao
Sony doesn't have a good track record with peripherals or really anything other than the main Playstation consoles themselves. The smart thing to do here is let it prove itself before buying.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Thanks, breh :cheers:

I hope I'm not disappointed. I have very high expectations. We'll see in a few weeks. I've wanted good VR since I first put on a VR headset as a child. This is a dream come true for me. Let's hope it has staying power :sadcam:
It will likely fail, but this is the best shot it ever has taking off.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It pretty much just been the Vita
The PSP struggled outside Japan with games, the PS3 eye / Eye toy, the Wonderbook, the Vita. Sony isn't like Microsoft in that Microsoft will put years into a failed product (Kinect) before throwing in the towel. Sony abandons failed products pretty quickly.

The asking price of the VR is too high to run out and buy it day one from a company with a questionable past on anything that isn't a mainline home console.

I'm not sold on VR anyway. I think it's the video game equivalent of 3Dtvs. There are uses for VR but not likely as a mass market product for gaming.

You see me on these forums. I buy everything new in this space. Hell I got a second Xbox One still sitting in the box that I've never played and this VR isn't even a blip on my radar. For someone that blows a lot of money on bullshyt to not even really be paying attention to this is telling.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Amazon doesnt charge unless it ships. Are they taking up front charges on this bytch???

nah, i would just hate to see that charge hit in October, and im on the fence about even wanting it, especially since im not really a fan of 1st person games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The PSP struggled outside Japan with games, the PS3 eye / Eye toy, the Wonderbook, the Vita. Sony isn't like Microsoft in that Microsoft will put years into a failed product (Kinect) before throwing in the towel. Sony abandons failed products pretty quickly.

The asking price of the VR is too high to run out and buy it day one from a company with a questionable past on anything that isn't a mainline home console.

I'm not sold on VR anyway. I think it's the video game equivalent of 3Dtvs. There are uses for VR but not likely as a mass market product for gaming.

You see me on these forums. I buy everything new in this space. Hell I got a second Xbox One still sitting in the box that I've never played and this VR isn't even a blip on my radar. For someone that blows a lot of money on bullshyt to not even really be paying attention to this is telling.
I think VR is a bigger deal than those other things you're talking about. It isn't just Sony that's vested in VR. Those other things you named are just gimmicks that added onto a gaming device whereas VR is not just something being pushed by Sony but by HTC, Facebook, AMD etc. I think once people start trying VR(REAL VR not no google cardboard) they'll be more on board. 3DTVS failed for a multitude of reasons.

VR to me looks like the jump from 2D to 3D(albeit even bigger). I also fail to understand the opinion that VR has to be a mass market product solely for gaming to succeed. It's not supposed to be replacing TVs or become the standard by which one plays games. It'll be an another way to experience games and media.

I personally think PSVR is going to be a hit because this gen it seems like Sony got their marketing straight. Word of mouth sales a lot too. I can bet you when the PSVR comes out and people on here start talking about it you're going to see a lot more people rush out and buy it or w/e because of hype.
They can present a box of shyt with Nathan Drake printed on it and it'll be in demand. It's a world of difference from last gen. I think it's going to be a lot of crow served this year in regards to VR.

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
@Fatboi1
@Ciggavelli

Headset only goes up for preorder next week, 3/29

PlayStation VR Launch Bundle Pre-Orders Start Tuesday

UPDATE: Thanks to everyone for sharing their feedback on PlayStation VR pre-orders! It’s clear that there’s a lot of interest from many of you to secure the PlayStation VR core system, and I’m happy to share that we’ve decided to make it available for pre-order on Tuesday, March 29, at 7:00 a.m. PT at participating retailers.

So to wrap it all up, here are your pre-order options:

1. PlayStation VR Launch Bundle ($499.99 MSRP) – pre-order on March 22 at 7:00 a.m. PT
  2. PlayStation VR core ($399.99 MSRP) – pre-order on March 29 at 7:00 a.m. PT
If you’re interested in owning PlayStation VR on day one, mark those calendars as we’re expecting these units to sell out quickly!