Price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Runaway when you lost brehs:heh:

I'm glad you brought that post up, cause Yall laughed at it.

All these years laughing at kinect and wii, and now Yall flocking out to buy cameras and motion controllers for your living room:mjlol:

Kinect and Wii paved the way for VR

VR is a revolution of kinect :gladbron:

:dead:
Kinect is a revolution of PS2 Eyetoy :ohhh:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
If you have to cop a move and a controller this easily crosses the $500 mark. I think the Samsung VR is probably the most cost effective way to get on the VR wave.

The oculus rift or HTC's offering is probably the way to go in terms of VR, although I'm sure all this VR stuff will eventually flop.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Kinect is nothing compared to VR..Connect is compared to the Move controller. One takes you to another level immersion wise and the other one is just making gestures with your hand to move through menus like a dummy.

When you in your "other level of immersion", you'll also be moving your hands and head like a dummy ya dumbass.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
When you in your "other level of immersion", you'll also be moving your hands and head like a dummy ya dumbass.
thats okay because thats what " VIRTUAL REALITY" is all about..The important thing is the immersion. VR takes that to the next level..Kinect does not. With Kinect, you're in your living room waving your hands to move freaking menus and navigate TV guides and shyt..With VR, you trick your mind to thinking you're really in this world that the game designer created..Thats why its 399.99 and thats why Playstation, Steam, and Facebook invested in the technology..

Kinect :mjlol:

whats the point..?

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats okay because thats what " VIRTUAL REALITY" is all about..The important thing is the immersion. VR takes that to the next level..Kinect does not. With Kinect, you're in your living room waving your hands to move freaking menus and navigate TV guides and shyt..With VR, you trick your mind to thinking you're really in this world that the game designer created..Thats why its 399.99 and thats why Playstation, Steam, and Facebook invested in the technology..

Kinect :mjlol:

whats the point..?

immersion is relative. Them adding the move and eye toy only means this is the same shyt as the wii only the screen is closer to your eyes. Although the closer screen will be nice, the tracking between the move and eye toy just wont be there. You'll still be waving your hands around trying to point at whatever you trying to point at. Essentially, this shyt will only be as good as the Eye toy and move combination and last i heard they haven't updated that technology at all. Cash grab at its finest :manny:

Pay 400 bucks for a tv to play on when you already sitting in front of a TV brehs

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
immersion is relative. Them adding the move and eye toy only means this is the same shyt as the wii only the screen is closer to your eyes. Although the closer screen will be nice, the tracking between the move and eye toy just wont be there. You'll still be waving your hands around trying to point at whatever you trying to point at. Essentially, this shyt will only be as good as the Eye toy and move combination and last i heard they haven't updated that technology at all. Cash grab at its finest :manny:

Pay 400 bucks for a tv to play on when you already sitting in front of a TV brehs
:laff:

I don't even know where to start

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
:laff:

I don't even know where to start

we been had consumer VR, and aint even no it

sitting-close-to-tv.jpg

:ohhh:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we been had consumer VR, and aint even no it

sitting-close-to-tv.jpg

:ohhh:

In the end thats all it is....a little more immersive but other then that whats the difference? Im telling you when random people think VR, they want force feedback and the technology just aint there. cash grab all the way

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course nikkas gon buy this. Nikkaz bought $500 VCRS with a Cam from Microsoft when they could've just called Comcast up.
:comeon: nikkas brought a xbox that just happened to come with kinect. This is separate, plus you have to go out and buy a move and cam:pachaha: this shyt a flop all the way breh

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: nikkas brought a xbox that just happened to come with kinect. This is separate, plus you have to go out and buy a move and cam:pachaha: this shyt a flop all the way breh
Nah mad nikkaz gonna buy it breh. I'm personally texting and calling everyone I know and sending mass messages on PSN explaining in great detail why they should buy this.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
In the end thats all it is....a little more immersive but other then that whats the difference? Im telling you when random people think VR, they want force feedback and the technology just aint there. cash grab all the way

but the htc vive has force feed back tho :patrice:

and i dont think they are the same, vr surrounds you, sitting close to your tv doesnt. VR moves in conjunction with your head, sitting close to your tv doesnt. VR simulates depth perception.

added in with 3d audio, its going to be a lot more immersive than just sitting close to your tv.

Will it sell like the Wii? probably not but thats cool, not all (new) tech sells alot when it drops. Tech gets better, adaption rate grows, prices drop, commercial usage grows.

Im realistic in knowing that this generation of VR is equivalent to the NES, the IBM PC, and etc. Beginner tech that will be way better in the future.