PS5 Sony Engineers Talk Ray Tracing and Haptics

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/technology/activities/Tech2020/pdf/Sonys_Technology_2020_E.pdf
Ray Tracing
Egv71lCXcAMsETb

Egv78FiXgAAZz4o

Dual Sense
Egv8BqCWsAExdb-

Egv0xGjUYAAA_rz.jpg

Last edited:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I remember taking graphics in college and one of the assignments was ray tracing. This was like, 2009. Professor told us how intensive ray tracing was on a gpu and at the time it was impractical for games as the computations would take too long. Crazy to see this is where we are, though I guess not really as advancements in technology are constantly happening.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I remember taking graphics in college and one of the assignments was ray tracing. This was like, 2009. Professor told us how intensive ray tracing was on a gpu and at the time it was impractical for games as the computations would take too long. Crazy to see this is where we are, though I guess not really as advancements in technology are constantly happening.

Ray tracing will not be used much because of this. Too taxing on the GPU, most game developers aren’t going to use it, because it take too much time to implement correctly.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Ray tracing will not be used much because of this. Too taxing on the GPU, most game developers aren’t going to use it, because it take too much time to implement correctly.
They already are, to go full on ray tracing will be a garbled mess on the screen. What devs are doing are picking and chosing how to display those rays certain reflections and shadows.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I hear ya, so are you saying this is incorrect?
Xbox Series X specs: everything you need to know | TechRadar

They've been very open about it and have let all the industry tech insiders breakdown the system to see what's what and everyone leaves impressed. Nobody afterwards has said it can't do what they claim. So you're basing your opinion on how things are in the PC space. You gotta stop that and stop listening to others that do it too. They got demos of Minecraft using it on series x...

If that's not enough then nothing will be...