PS5 file sizes aren't as bad as I thought :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if I can fit 6 games on there then I’m cool...I usually keep a 6-7 game rotation and probably don’t play more than 3 around the same timeframe

Right, by the time i really feel like i need extra space a capable SSD will be out by then. Although this upcoming year is looking type crazy with releases. The good thing for me is I only play single player games that I usually don’t replay until maybe a couple years later if at all. So I’m cool with deleting games off my ssd

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right, by the time i really feel like i need extra space a capable SSD will be out by then. Although this upcoming year is looking type crazy with releases. The good thing for me is I only play single player games that I usually don’t replay until maybe a couple years later if at all. So I’m cool with deleting games off my ssd

I’m not even gonna bother buying an external or upgrading the internal this gen...wasted a lot of money doing that last gen...especially on my X1X...I kept buying a shyt ton of games and would “need” to buy a new external HDD every time to accommodate them...first it was 1TB...then 3 then 4...finally said fukk I’m buying these drives for when I’m not even playing more than 3-4 games at a time smh...I can comfortably fit 12 games with the space the PS4/X1X provides...with the PS5 I imagine I could fit 7-9 which is more than enough

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
I know COD is nuts but what's 2k's size? Is it constantly updating and growing like COD?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not even gonna bother buying an external or upgrading the internal this gen...wasted a lot of money doing that last gen...especially on my X1X...I kept buying a shyt ton of games and would “need” to buy a new external HDD every time to accommodate them...first it was 1TB...then 3 then 4...finally said fukk I’m buying these drives for when I’m not even playing more than 3-4 games at a time smh...I can comfortably fit 12 games with the space the PS4/X1X provides...with the PS5 I imagine I could fit 7-9 which is more than enough
Yeah pretty much the best thing to do is have the main games you play installed and the few games that you beat and hardly ever play again delete. I have an external SSD drive that I had bought for the PS4 Pro a few months ago plugged in as a 'PS4 game' drive since PS4 games don't need the internal drive. I will eventually upgrade the PS5 with another internal drive when they release and that should be good enough for a good chunk of native PS5 games.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I had the opposite problem in that i never bought an external but I've always had this sentimental value for the 50+ hour investments in my collection like dragon age, god of war, horizon zero dawn, TLoU 1 & 2, witcher 3, FF7:R, etc.. even if i ain't played them in years.

I remember when i bought FF7:R and later TLoU2, i was staring long and hard at the free up space dashboard like damn in order to make room for new memories I'm gonna have to say goodbye to some dear ones :mjcry:

That's when it dawned on me that yea, i ate well this past gen but it's probably time to move on to the next.