PS4 Slim Vs Nintendo Switch? (Black Friday deals)

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Haven't played videogames since 2010, but looking to get back on a casual basis. I just got laid off but have some savings and I'm looking to start my own small business early next year so I'll have a little down time but I will also need to be focused on my business plan. I live with my 2 yr old son and fiance and have not gotten a 4k HDR tv yet hence why i'm not considering the upgraded systems.

If I get the switch what accessories do I need to get to be able to have 2 player fun with my family? 2 pro controllers? and extra pair of dongles? Games on the switch i'm looking at Mario Kart, Mario Oddessey, Zelda, Arms?

My guess is all in i'm probably looking at spending about $500 on switch and accessories I could be wrong

The PS4 slim is intriguing cuz it's going down to $200 and there are a bunch of great games being slashed in price and it would replace my ps3 which I primarily use as a blu ray player. My concern is that it's full of single player games, while they are great I'm not sure I have the time commitment to get immersed like that, however I feel that all i would need is an extra controller and I have a choice of a ton of great games for all I would spend on the switch and I can still have fun with my family.

As far as Xbox I would only consider getting the One X but without a 4k tv it's a non-starter right now.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
The Switch has me loving video games again :yeshrug:

I got an extra pair of joy cons rather than a pro controller. You can't really go wrong with either control option, but you may want to consider going my route if you're considering ARMS, which is a great game btw.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If you want to play the 2 best rated games of the year (and probably some of the best games ever made), get the switch.

If you like online games, multiplats, and sony exclusives get the PS4

mikeB805

Rookie
Daps
You can get a ps4 and like 5 games for the price of the switch alone. And Ps4 has way more multiplayer games.

Not really a comparison unless you are really into mario and zelda.
It just so happens those 2 games are :banderas:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Any Nintendo switch bundle deals this year?

I'm supposing they'll pop up closer to xmas?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you want to play with others locally I'd go with a switch, you'd probably pay right under 500 if you wanted to get a system another controller and like 3 games.

Some of the best switch multiplayer games are downloadable.

But some good games that come to mind are snipper clippers, bomber man, arms, street fighter 2, monopoly and then some.

The ps4 is hard to pass up this season tho, its only 199. And has the a little bit of everything from all systems.

Personally it sounds like you do plan on gaming hardcore or playing a bunch of single player games, I'd probably go with the switch. not sure how much you travel or are on the road, but that alone might be worth the pick up over anything else.