PS4 reaches 110m units sold. Tracking ahead of PS2

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
That's why I've never cared about specs and "teraflops" to the same degree as other people might. Time and again, it's been shown that it's all about the games on the console.

The PS2 wasn't the strongest on the block when it had its run, but look at the catalog. There's an audience that cares about the smallest details and the super intricate tech info, and I'm not knocking them at all, but most people as a whole don't think about that sort of thing. They just want great games on a console that gives them what they're looking for.

What I'm interested in though is what launch titles they plan to ship the PS5 with. You'd think the major titles coming out this year would more than justify a PS5 launch exclusive (even though I personally wouldn't want that), but Sony hasn't been acting strangely at all. In fact, people think they've been TOO quiet, and I wonder if that means they're confident in what they have to show. Either way, I'm excited.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Crazy they still got some clips left in the chamber too considering TLOU2 and GoT( jury out in this one but should be solid at the least) are coming out back to back.

FF7 will probably help too. Just yesterday a guy told me he was considering buying a pss4 just for it.

then Of course you got the eventual price cut once ps5 drops.

they are in a good position to threaten the lifetime sales of ps2.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This shows there is no reason for Sony to not have a reasonably priced console this year. They always make their money and always hit 100 million units
Sony doesn't have the cash reserves to take a possible muktibillion dollar L. Something as bad as the RROD may have killed them.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony doesn't have the cash reserves to take a possible muktibillion dollar L. Something as bad as the RROD may have killed them.
:mjlol: Xbots on here sure do talk some nonsense.

Why do y’all keep acting like Sony are some mid sized corporation employing just over 200 people? It might not be as big as Microsoft but it’s a multi billion dollar mega corporation in their own right, and no, RROD would not have killed them.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mjlol: Xbots on here sure do talk some nonsense.

Why do y’all keep acting like Sony are some mid sized corporation employing just over 200 people? It might not be as big as Microsoft but it’s a multi billion dollar mega corporation in their own right, and no, RROD would not have killed them.

Don't quote me hoe. Mother's Day was last week. Take ya mama's pic off ya avi, peon.

Anywho, in the position Sony was in at that time period, a multibillion dollar loss, along with the hit to their already damaged momentum could have been crippling. It took expert management, several price cuts, and some luck to not get washed that gen. If they had that level fukk up and not MS, it could have been as lopsided as this gen.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't quote me hoe. Mother's Day was last week. Take ya mama's pic off ya avi, peon.

Anywho, in the position Sony was in at that time period, a multibillion dollar loss, along with the hit to their already damaged momentum could have been crippling. It took expert management, several price cuts, and some luck to not get washed that gen. If they had that level fukk up and not MS, it could have been as lopsided as this gen.
You’d know all about being washed won’t you?

fukking moron :mjlol: