PS4 Pro might be dead...help?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was using chat support w/ a sony rep to delete a sub-account I had...I was logged into my main account @ the time...while talking w/ him my PS4 pro cut off but I didn’t notice it...after the rep confirmed my account would be deleted in 30 days...I ended the chat and went to turn on the PS4...I hear the beep...see the blue light for a while (nothing on my screen tho) then it cuts off again...did this a million times no change other than when I do it now the fan gets super loud before it cuts off...

...is it possible it has something to do w/ the sony rep cuz the timing is odd or is it just a coincidence and my shyt is dead (possibly overheated?)

...I opened the top and checked the fan but it’s super clean...no dust...I switched back to my old HDD but thinking maybe the drive I put in a few months ago conked out but that didn’t do anything...this PS4 is like 2-3 years old and I use it once in a while...truth be told tho I haven’t used it in a few months...used it today for about an hour before this happened after talking w/ the rep...I’m prepared to just take out my HDD and throw the shyt out...just looking to see if anyone else has experienced this

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All I can suggest is letting is sit for awhile and let the power completely drain
and plugging it back in to see if it gets a good charge.

thanks...ya I’ll just wait and see...from everything I’m reading it seems like a faulty power supply...it seems to be a common problem w/ PS4 pros smh...I’ve tried the troubleshooting methods above plus tried using a different power cord...so a bad PSU is pretty much the only thing I can think of...I take great care of my electronics so this is faulty manufacturing especially for there to be so many stories about this shyt...I have 2 other units I can use but it pisses me off that this one is absolutely junk now

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Briggt side is, PS5 is dropping next year with backwards compatibility so even if you're PS4 is clapped you transfer all your data through your PSN account / cloud

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Briggt side is, PS5 is dropping next year with backwards compatibility so even if you're PS4 is clapped you transfer all your data through your PSN account / cloud

granted I have 2 more PS4s (500M eds.) but the regular one that croaked was the one I was planning to trade in to get the PS5 :snoop: I literally have never had any piece of electronics just straight up give out on me...this shyt is 3 years old @ best and hardly used...and it seems to be a major problem w/ certain PS4 pros...they call it the ‘blue light of death’...truth be told this has made me hesitant about rushing to get a first gen PS5...fukk that

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
granted I have 2 more PS4s (500M eds.) but the regular one that croaked was the one I was planning to trade in to get the PS5 :snoop: I literally have never had any piece of electronics just straight up give out on me...this shyt is 3 years old @ best and hardly used...and it seems to be a major problem w/ certain PS4 pros...they call it the ‘blue light of death’...truth be told this has made me hesitant about rushing to get a first gen PS5...fukk that

Agreed, I copped a used PS4 in 2016 and it shut down In the middle of gameplay every 35 minutes it was an OG PS4.

Fast forward to 2018, I got a limited edition PS4 Slim 1TB.

I'm not going to get the first model PS5 either.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
200.gif

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
My 1st gen PS4 had problems turning on about 1 year ago. I ordered a power supply online and changed it myself using a video tutorial. Costed around $40-$50. Not sure If the same can be done with the pro.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My 1st gen PS4 had problems turning on about 1 year ago. I ordered a power supply online and changed it myself using a video tutorial. Costed around $40-$50. Not sure If the same can be done with the pro.

thanks...ideally it can be done...I saw a youtube vid that looks easy enough but I don’t want to go thru the hassle of ordering it and trying it out and then it still end up not working...plus the prices I saw for the pro PSU were closer to $90-100...just gonna put it in my closet we’re all my old tech goes to die...granted all the shyt I have in there still works...old laptops, chromebooks/netbooks, tablets, ereaders, media devices, hard drives etc.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Hopefully my pro ain't one of em :gucci:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Agreed, I copped a used PS4 in 2016 and it shut down In the middle of gameplay every 35 minutes it was an OG PS4.

Fast forward to 2018, I got a limited edition PS4 Slim 1TB.

I'm not going to get the first model PS5 either.

Yeah if you've never been about that first adopter console life.. then you're better off waiting atleast a year, so atleast the first minor revision will be out.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

The whole red light of death had a nikka fukked up :mjcry: but I been lucky with my PS4, I had it since day one and it still plays.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
i must be one of the few people that got the ps4 day one , and it's still kicking.
I've never cleaned the fan or replace the HDD. it does sound like a jet engine when
im playing tho lol