PS3 really is state of the art and worth 700 dollars

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Even more if you factor in inflation

Edit—-

I completely forgot the ps3 went up against the nintendo wii back then. That was an absolute bloodbath for sony.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was and it wasn't.
Another way to look at it is ps3 was supposed to have two cell processors, then ken realized that
he couldn't make another ps2. So all of that money that was poured into what was supposed
to be the future of computing had to have another bill on top of it (buying a 7800 from nvidia)
then the blu-ray drive added in to push market penetration.

You get a console with a massively inflated price but roughly on par with the machine which
released a year prior, with a weaker cpu, more performant GPU and a reliance on an aging
technology (DVD) which resulted in a cheaper price altogether.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It was and it wasn't.
Another way to look at it is ps3 was supposed to have two cell processors, then ken realized that
he couldn't make another ps2. So all of that money that was poured into what was supposed
to be the future of computing had to have another bill on top of it (buying a 7800 from ps3)
then the blu-ray drive added in to push market penetration.

You get a console with a massively inflated price but roughly on par with the machine which released
a year prior, with a weaker cpu, more performant GPU and a reliance on an aging technology (DVD)
which resulted in a cheaper price altogether.

It really came through in the end though. Very rough start.

tumblr_mxm1m80TXQ1rfk9mxo1_500.gif

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
PS3 phat felt premium. Krazy Ken was fun. Wonder what he would do with the tech out now/near future. Ps3 will always be my fav system because it was the first i bought with my own money. First online experience. Media streaming from my pc to it before Netflix and chill. They was still doing DVDs:wow:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
When u get cfw on the ps3 it really opens up. It's limited media compatibility is the only reason i still don't have mines hooked up to my tv. But for a solid 3 years or so i had my ps3 hard wired to my router and was streaming ps2/ps3/psp games directly from pc harddrive. Online still worked and everything.

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
Thank god they got Mark Cerny in to design the systems after this cause this shyt almost cost them the generation.:martin:

Allowed Microsoft to usher in the birth of microtransactions and paid online :scust: