Project Greenlight Reboot with Issa Rae

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody watching this fukkery? I had nothing to do yesterday so I began watching and before I knew it, I had binged the entire season. The premise of this season was to give a first time director who is a black woman a shot at directing a sci-fi thriller.

What a shyt show. Issa Rae and her crew of passive aggressive mean girls completely buried a first time director (who is not entirely blameless) in a very cruel way. I didn’t watch previous seasons with Ben and Matt, but this reboot left a bad taste in my mouth. It starts off badly from the first episode and is train wreck throughout. First the “producers” give a first time director a script that they claim needs work and ask her to fix it in five weeks when shooting is scheduled to begin. This is on top of her preproduction duties. They also give her 18 days to shoot a sci-fi thriller with a limited budget. Instead of offering support under these tough circumstances, they spend the entire show nitpicking her work and personality. The two girls working for Issa contribution was providing vague condescending notes and talking shyt behind the director’s back the whole time. Then when the movie is complete, they shyt on the end product so bad that as a viewer you don’t even care about watching it.o If you have ever been in a tough situation at work, you’ll feel for the director. I lost a lot of respect for Issa and her company watching this show.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anybody watching this fukkery? I had nothing to do yesterday so I began watching and before I knew it, I had binged the entire season. The premise of this season was to give a first time director who is a black woman a shot at directing a sci-fi thriller.

What a shyt show. Issa Rae and her crew of passive aggressive mean girls completely buried a first time director (who is not entirely blameless) in a very cruel way. I didn’t watch previous seasons with Ben and Matt, but this reboot left a bad taste in my mouth. It starts off badly from the first episode and is train wreck throughout. First the “producers” give a first time director a script that they claim needs work and ask her to fix it in five weeks when shooting is scheduled to begin. This is on top of her preproduction duties. They also give her 18 days to shoot a sci-fi thriller with a limited budget. Instead of offering support under these tough circumstances, they spend the entire show nitpicking her work and personality. The two girls working for Issa contribution was providing vague condescending notes and talking shyt behind the director’s back the whole time. Then when the movie is complete, they shyt on the end product so bad that as a viewer you don’t even care about watching it.o If you have ever been in a tough situation at work, you’ll feel for the director. I lost a lot of respect for Issa and her company watching this show.
Nah, Meko is one of those types that thinks she's always right. Hears what she wants to and dismisses everything else.

Issa's team has experience working with HBO. They were consistent with their feedback throughout. Meko was not prepared for numerous meetings related to the script. Hoorae started to sour after that.

Plus...Issa was not there due to shooting the Barbie movie, but she was still checking in, calling her and providing advice and support. The fact that she wasn't even working weekends during the post-production phase of the process speaks volumes to her work ethic. It felt like Meko not only had no experience in making a feature film, but also none in a real business or corporate setting. Hoorae was giving her game and trying to explain things about their expectations because they knew HBO's producers would have the same questions about the story that they raised from the beginning.

Their notes weren't vague. Meko's responses to everything and her solutions were tho. That's why they generally stopped fukking with her and probably won't work with her beyond this film.