Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
very nice. I love Spider-Man 2, but having to wait 5 months for NG+ was ridiculous. in this day and age, NG+ should be as immediate as possible
Yeah, that's probably one of the few gripes that I have with current gen games over yesteryear games in that back in the day, if it was the type of game that had New Game+, it was in there from jump. I don't even see what's so hard about having it immediately available from onset or at least out within a couple of weeks, at most, after initial release.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, that's probably one of the few gripes that I have with current gen games over yesteryear games in that back in the day, if it was the type of game that had New Game+, it was in there from jump. I don't even see what's so hard about having it immediately available from onset or at least out within a couple of weeks, at most, after initial release.

Well it could be a piss poor implementation like Dragon’s Dogma where they don’t even bother to scale the difficulty or anything lol

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Well it could be a piss poor implementation like Dragon’s Dogma where they don’t even bother to scale the difficulty or anything lol
I get that. But this should still be done in tandem with the game's normal development if you know it's the type of game that is typical of/benefits from having a new game plus mode. Now even more than ever with the context of content is king and user engagement era of today's world. Have a small side sector of the team handle that shyt specifically or something. Get it done, Amazon prime now style. Or Prime Before even.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
surprisngly kotaku liked it

Despite all this, I still had a great time with Stellar Blade. It's a game of dichotomies, one that's both fun and frustrating, but in this sort of middle rut it finds a way to tell a captivating story about transhumanism at the end of the world and how even robots feel things. The platforming might suck and Eve might be unwieldy to control at times, but the stylish action makes up for the more tedious elements. It isn't perfect, but in its best moments, Stellar Blade is still pretty stellar.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
These ign fukkboys give stellar goat a 7?

Verdict​

Stellar Blade stands out as a gorgeous and well-crafted action game with very impressive strengths and very clear weaknesses. Both its story and characters lack substance, and some of its RPG elements are poorly implemented, like dull sidequests that very often require you to retrace your steps through previous levels with very little done to make the return trip feel unique or rewarding. But its action picks up most of that slack thanks to the rock solid fundamentals of its Sekiro-inspired combat system, a deep well of hideous monstrosities to sharpen your sword against, and plenty of hidden goodies that do a great job of incentivizing exploration throughout.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Verdict​

Stellar Blade stands out as a gorgeous and well-crafted action game with very impressive strengths and very clear weaknesses. Both its story and characters lack substance, and some of its RPG elements are poorly implemented, like dull sidequests that very often require you to retrace your steps through previous levels with very little done to make the return trip feel unique or rewarding. But its action picks up most of that slack thanks to the rock solid fundamentals of its Sekiro-inspired combat system, a deep well of hideous monstrosities to sharpen your sword against, and plenty of hidden goodies that do a great job of incentivizing exploration throughout.
7tellar blade :wow:

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV

Verdict​

Pretty much any RPG is going to have some dull sidequests. That review comes across as nitpicking

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
tenor.gif