Professor calls out Peter Rabbit author for appropriating Brer Rabbit and African American folklore

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Just read an article a couple of days ago about this. Didn't know a Brer Rabbit even existed as a story. I don't think I"ve read Peter Rabbit either.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
see marvel super heroes

You might want to glance over the article to see the dates being discussed. Predates Marvel.
see christianity and the egyptian book of the dead
:unimpressed:
?????
Professor is talking about folklore that originated from the regions of the continent the enslaved Africans in this hemisphere were directly from.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
You might want to glance over the article to see the dates being discussed. Predates Marvel.

?????
Professor is talking about folklore that originated from the regions of the continent the enslaved Africans in this hemisphere were directly from.
i should have stated... theft of african culture, folklore etc is nothing new. they've beeeeen doing it. The whole roman catholic swag (pope's headress, robes) all of it straight jacked from the continent.

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Damn thieves...and I read Peter Rabbit as a child too. I remember the running storyline of Peter Rabbit stealing from gardens, didn't know it came from stories of slaves stealing food to quench their hunger. Now I have to research Brer Rabbit.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read Brer Rabbit and Anansi and never once saw the appropriation until it was mentioned just now.

When I thought of Brer Rabbit I put him in the class of Bugs Bunny in terms of being hilarious and cunning.

Peter Rabbit was always a bit bland for me. Iusually cheer for the fox to eat his ass

:dame:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I read Brer Rabbit and Anansi and never once saw the appropriation until it was mentioned just now.

When I thought of Brer Rabbit I put him in the class of Bugs Bunny in terms of being hilarious and cunning.

Peter Rabbit was always a bit bland for me. Iusually cheer for the fox to eat his ass

:dame:
Development of Bugs was also based on Lester Young, that's another story...
510VlCkUuFL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg