Pras Michel Announces New "Free Pras" Collab With Lil Wayne & Wyclef Jean

Tunechi

Tunechi Baby
Daps
Reppin
YMCMB
lil-wayne-studio-wyclef-jean.jpg

According to Vulture, Pras will release a new single titled “Free Pras,” featuring Lil Wayne and Wyclef Jean.

The Fugees rapper recently previewed the collaboration, noting that Wyclef and Jerry “Wonda” Duplessis co-produced it. Initially, they intended to include Lauryn Hill on it to make it a full Fugees reunion alongside Tunechi.

You shared a track with me that you’ve been working on called “Free Pras,” where you address your ongoing legal fight. It’s you, Clef, and Lil Wayne. How did the song come about?

This track was supposed to be a Fugees and Wayne track. Wyclef and Jerry “Wonda” produced it. Clef reached out to me last year, right before the tour. In this case, I just came out of my situation and was bringing in a new legal team. “I got a track for you, you gotta speak your truth,” he stated. What’s more, my truth is ‘Free Pras.’ “I got Wayne and I’m waiting for Lauryn” he said.

He sent me the verse, Wayne is killing it. But I’m at a point right now where I can’t just be doing things for exercise. I’m asking, is this real? If she gets on it as a Fugees and Wayne record, this could be really good for the culture. But he’s like: “Nah, man, I spoke to her.” So you’re making me go in, just coming from what I came from, and you don’t drop your verse on this? It would just have been a great moment for her.

If I were to guess, I think Weezy‘s verse might be linked to the “Ready Or Not Freestyle” he performed when the Fugees brought him out during “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 25th Anniversary Tour” last year!

Pras Announces New Single "Free Pras" Featuring Lil Wayne & Wyclef Jean