Power On: The Story of Xbox

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I got to look at this a bit early and it was ok.

It started off strong talking with transparency about how the first Xbox’s development. But as it got into more modern times, it was just stuff we already heard from MS or press compiled into 1 documentary. It was just telling us about the things we lived through as gamers.

I was disappointed that they didnt go into depth about the Xbox One stuff or Don Mattricks resignation. Or how they come up with console names.

The final part of the doc was just PR fluff for Xbox Series X/S and Game Pass. I was hoping for a more behind the scenes look at things.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It started off strong talking with transparency about how the first Xbox’s development. But as it got into more modern times, it was just stuff we already heard from MS or press compiled into 1 documentary. It was just telling us about the things we lived through as gamers.

I was disappointed that they didnt go into depth about the Xbox One stuff or Don Mattricks resignation. Or how they come up with console names.

The final part of the doc was just PR fluff for Xbox Series X/S and Game Pass. I was hoping for a more behind the scenes look at things.

I figured thats what this was really gonna be about

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps

I figured thats what this was really gonna be about

It's worth a watch even if you're a "Sony loyalist" or however you identify, Gizmo :duck:. The last 20 min or so were definitely fluff but it's a 6-part docuseries. If you have even the slightest interest in the industry you'll enjoy it. They even interviewed Sony execs. Very well put together and MS was surprisingly candid about their missteps.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not going to lie when the OG Xbox came out it was touted as the next advance hardware and the real next gen console. It has an HD, network built in, able to download and load games to your HDD(bootleg), better graphics. The only thing it was missing now and and back in the day was exclusives.

Daps
Not going to lie when the OG Xbox came out it was touted as the next advance hardware and the real next gen console. It has an HD, network built in, able to download and load games to your HDD(bootleg), better graphics. The only thing it was missing now and and back in the day was exclusives.

The OG Xbox had a lot of exclusives

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
:ohlawd: brehs this docuseries is so damn good, I hope people (even PS fans) check it out. I'm always fascinated by this behind the scenes shyt and it's cool seeing MS be transparent about their mistakes. Or little tidbits about how they came up with hardware names etc. Even got interviews with Shawn Layton and Don Mattrick in it. I think we forget in the midst of our console warring that there are real, passionate and fallible people behind one of our favorite hobbies.