Portuguese man arrested in Turkey for 19 days just because he "looked gay"

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

portuguese-man-arrested-in-turkey-for-19-days-just-because-v0-jJgk2MkDQBjTAwuv9mBZH3TudMW1QN3-7pCkef1My-Y.jpg

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That's fukked up.

Translation of the article from that same thread:

The article says that he went to the cops to ask for directions bc when he got on the streets for lunch it was full of cops and streets were being closed-up by them.

He says that it might've been his voice, posture or maybe his shorter than common shorts or his blouse shirt/dress-shirt that made them assume he was gay.
He was then supposedly arrested and told that it was because he "looked gay" and there was supposed to be an illegal LGBT+ pride parade going on nearby that he says he didn't knew about beforehand.
That's kind of the gist of it...

Edit :
Actually there's more I hadn't seen before.
-He was arrested with more people accused of the same things
-They spent 20 days with the same clothes on. They spent hours without any news or understanding why they were being arrested then they were sent to a couple of different places and at some point they spent around 17 hours with no access to food or water ( in the hot temperature). Then they ended up in a jail known for it's violence, being overcrowded and lack of sanitary conditions,
-He was put in jail with a Russian and an Iranian. The Iranian is supposedly in Turkey under asylum for having fleed his country due to being persecuted for his political views and they were all to be deported from Turkey for being gay which can mean a death sentence to this man eventough he is supposedly under international protection for being politically persecuted.
-Due to türkisch hollidays they couldn't talk to anyone so the family wasn't even aware of what was going on. The Portuguese Embassy in a mostly shameful way did nothing to help him get out of there
-They were harrassed by not only other inmates but also guards to the point were they would take turns sleeping as to avoid being attacked while unaware.
-The ones that actually helped them by getting the passport, paying for the trip, etc where Turkish activists.
-As of now the Portuguese and Russian were allowed to leave Turkey but Miguel is forbidden to return for 3 the next 3 years.
-The Iranian is still in prison and was beaten up since they left.
-Miguel wants to bring this case to the European Human Rights court ---> which imo is the right thing to do.

Edit2: I made the mistake of writting blouse while translating "blusa" forgetting that blouse isn't the same as a shirt/dress-shirt for men in English.
There are apparentely some articles being written that are reporting that he was wearing a blouse or a crop-top and it appears to stem from badly translated Portuguese and I would just like to set the record straight here with this. This was a mistake I did because I directly translated the word without making sure the meaning is the same - which it isn't - and I'm pretty sure shady places are making some articles based on piss poor translations from Portuguese.