Portal 1 and 2 (Linux, Windows, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, Switch) (Portal with RTX releases December 8, 2022)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I might actually buy this…someone on here recommended it in my sci-fi games thread…but I don’t think the first portal was backwards compatible…between this and the metroid prime rookie mode, I’m have to dust off the switch :ehh:

Daps
I might actually buy this…someone on here recommended it in my sci-fi games thread…but I don’t think the first portal was backwards compatible…between this and the metroid prime rookie mode, I’m have to dust off the switch :ehh:

I don't know if you do any PC gaming but these games are best on PC and they are extremely cheap during Steam sales

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if you do any PC gaming but these games are best on PC and they are extremely cheap during Steam sales

:skip:

the closest I came to considering it was when cyberpunk dropped

sim racing MIGHT get me into it but if it doesn’t then I probably never will

I just remembered anyway that I have the orange box on xbox and it includes portal :yes:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’m genuinely curious why you think it’s best on the PC

better graphics? gameplay?

it’s an old game…wouldn’t the experience be similar now?

I’m sincerely asking

Daps
I’m genuinely curious why you think it’s best on the PC

better graphics? gameplay?

it’s an old game…wouldn’t the experience be similar now?

I’m sincerely asking

Yes, the graphics are better, the gameplay is better with keyboard and mouse but a controller is probably fine for these games

But the modding community on PC makes it the best there. People have created whole new Portal stories you can download for free and Portal 2 has built-in mod support so you can download lots of new maps and make your own if you want.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, the graphics are better, the gameplay is better with keyboard and mouse but a controller is probably fine for these games

But the modding community on PC makes it the best there. People have created whole new Portal stories you can download for free and Portal 2 has built-in mod support so you can download lots of new maps and make your own if you want.

I keep forgetting that’s a huge part of PC gaming that helps make it superior…I just get turned off by the idea of having to do any troubleshooting when I just want to pop a game on and play

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I keep forgetting that’s a huge part of PC gaming that helps make it superior…I just get turned off by the idea of having to do any troubleshooting when I just want to pop a game on and play
modding greatly extends the life of games. its one of the reasons Skyrim is still played a lot in 2022.

Its the same reason Halo 1 was popular for 15+ years.

think of it this way. imagine you like the art style, story, gameplay, and overall aesthetic of a game. but u already played the story a million times, n played on the same multiplayer maps a million times. but the games sequel or a new game dont quite catch that same feel, but u also tired of the same ol same ol. Rock and a hard place situation, right? well that's where mods come in and breath new life into that game you like. best way I can describe it.

I got so much mileage outta the 2003 Halo:CE pc port its ridiculous:wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
modding greatly extends the life of games. its one of the reasons Skyrim is still played a lot in 2022.

Its the same reason Halo 1 was popular for 15+ years.

think of it this way. imagine you like the art style, story, gameplay, and overall aesthetic of a game. but u already played the story a million times, n played on the same multiplayer maps a million times. but the games sequel or a new game dont quite catch that same feel, but u also tired of the same ol same ol. Rock and a hard place situation, right? well that's where mods come in and breath new life into that game you like. best way I can describe it.

I got so much mileage outta the 2003 Halo:CE pc port its ridiculous:wow:

basically “infinite” DLC…never looked at it from that perspective

I can only imagine what the sifu mods will be :ohhh:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
basically “infinite” DLC…never looked at it from that perspective

I can only imagine what the sifu mods will be :ohhh:
pretty much. the other benefit of mods is, you know how a game will sometimes launch broken? and its a coin toss if the devs will fix it in a timely manner? well if enough people are passionate enough about the game, usually modders will fix that shyt before the devs do. so there's that aspect as well. An example would be Nier Automata. modders cleaned that bytch up quick status.

Modders already worked on the GTA Trilogy remaster before Rockstars first patch

it aint a hobby for everybody and I aint a pc snob unlike some of these other guys, so aint gonna pressure u to pc. this is just my experience with pc and why I continue to own a pc alongside my consoles. I enjoy the simplicity of consoles alongside the robust features of PC. they both have their pros and cons.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Copped it for the switch a few weeks back. Super fun, but kind of easy and too short. I think i only spent $20 though at least