Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
PlayStation 4 features voice command capabilities, Sony confirms
By Jenna Pitcheron Aug 31, 2013 at 9:36p @PitcherJenna

ps4_wm.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

PlayStation 4 will feature voice command capabilities through its Eye camera peripheral, Sony confirmed with Polygon.

"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that PlayStation Camera allows for voice recognition and we will look forward to sharing more details in the lead up to the launch of PlayStation 4 on November 29," a Sony Computer Entertainment spokesperson told Polygon.

During Sony's presentation at the recent GameStop Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, SCEA's group manager of retail training and advocacy Sean Coleman outlined PlayStation 4 features, including a brief overview of the camera's capabilities.

In video captured of the presentation by YouTube user lex1020 (seen below at the 5:30 mark), a description of the camera reads "From navigational voice commands to facial recognition, the PlayStation Camera adds incredible innovation to your gaming."

"When you add the PlayStation camera into the mix, the pair works together to expand upon system features and enhance your PlayStation 4 experience," Coleman says. "The new stereoscopic lenses track your body movements in games or even recognize your face easier system navigation."

PlayStation 4 will launch on Nov. 15 in North America for $399 and Nov. 29 in Europe for €399. PlayStation Eye camera will be sold separately and will retail for $59 in North America and €49 in Europe.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/31/46...ture-voice-command-capabilities-sony-confirms

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
cool.. but no thanks... if i wanted that shyt I woulda copped the snitchbox

Real shyt first post I've dapped up from a Pstanley in a minute

Sony knows they can't survive next gen without this feature though and had to rush to tag on a half assed version

sucks it only being for the PSEeye will make it fragmented and forgotten about

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Real shyt first post I've dapped up from a Pstanley in a minute

Sony knows they can't survive next gen without this feature though and had to rush to tag on a half assed version

sucks it only being for the PSEeye will make it fragmented and forgotten about

No it's not! As soon as the hardware in the PS4 drops in price, I expect every PS4 to be bundle with the PS Eye Camera. But even before than, I expect every special PS4 bundle that is an official Sony bundle will include the Camera.

Also, Getting Twitch on the PS4 was a GREAT move to get people to buy the PS Eye Camera. When you go on Twitch.tv, EVERYBODY uses a webcam when livestreaming their games. So everybody who is serious about livestreaming their games on PS4, the PS Eye Camera is MUST-HAVE Peripheral.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
No it's not! As soon as the hardware in the PS4 drops in price, I expect every PS4 to be bundle with the PS Eye Camera. But even before than, I expect every special PS4 bundle that is an official Sony bundle will include the Camera.

Also, Getting Twitch on the PS4 was a GREAT move to get people to buy the PS Eye Camera. When you go on Twitch.tv, EVERYBODY uses a webcam when livestreaming their games. So everybody who is serious about livestreaming their games on PS4, the PS Eye Camera is MUST-HAVE Peripheral.

stop. ps eye will be a fragmented accessory nobody has just like move, even though they bundled move with a console at one time too

developers won't put in the time because nobody has it. and gamers who really care about a functional camera will have a kinect

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
It looks like SCEE has also confirmed this with Eurogamer:
PlayStation 4 does voice recognition with new PlayStation Camera
PlayStation On?

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published Monday, 2 September 2013

Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 does voice recognition through the new PlayStation Camera

However, the extent of its voice recognition features remain under wraps.

A Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson told Eurogamer: "We can confirm that PS Camera does allow voice recognition. We will share more details on this shortly."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-sony-confirms-playstation-camera-does-voice-recognition