Reppin
Above the fray.

607e3b7a-6fd6-418d-a619-ceb51217e3ef_1920x1080.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Voters in Minneapolis have resoundingly rejected a proposal to reinvent policing in their city, 17 months after the killing of George Floyd by police sparked massive protests and calls for change.

Approximately 57% of voters rejected a ballot question that would have removed the Minneapolis Police Department from the city charter, replacing it with a "public-health oriented" Department of Public Safety.

Nationally, the vote was seen as a test of the political movement to "defund" traditional policing, as it ran up against concerns about rising violent crime

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Y'all really hoping for something that will never happen , law enforcement & the military do what they do to protect wyte interest

Daps
Black murder via the cops will always be acceptable in America. It will never ever change. Your life means nothing here. Always remember that.

White people need the police to remind black folks that we don't belong here. The cop stuff more than anything depresses me so god damn much because I could've easily been murdered by these pigs myself due to mistaken identity

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Ima say it: Its very reductionist to narrow the police issue down to race. Yall would be surprised at the amount of Black folks who probably voted against that measure.

The issue ultimately is America is too individualistic, and quite frankly, violent to fully back a more holistic attempt at law enforcement. I dislike the modern policing system but id be crazy to say that its a easy job. And seeing the situations that police get in make me hesitate to try and vote for measures that employ say, social workers (my mother and ex-girlfriend are social workers). Police need reform for sure, but asking a community task force and social workers to break up drug trafficking rings (and we KNOW these mafukkas are shooters) sounds like a tall order, especially without the sanctioned arm of state backed violence.

Covid has also made this a more complicated issue. The bottom has fallen out as far as social support systems in America and crime nationwide has grown at a crazy rate. People in general are struggling to keep afloat in our post covid. People are scared, tired, and divided and want the return of the "comfort" of old, even if it means backing the support of the police state.

I say this two days after Seattle just had Mayoral, City Council and City Attorney elections. And guess what? Every abolitionist and defund the police candidate LOST. And lost by huge margins. Seattle by and large is one of the safest metro areas in the Country and even the crime here skyrocketed since 2020. People make short sighted, impulsive and emotionally charged decisions in desperate times.