Pokémon Go has earned $1 Billion in 2020

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Pokémon Go has earned $1 Billion in 2020, making it the most profitable year for the game to date.

"2020 is Pokémon Go's most lucrative year yet, with more than $1bn in player spending notched up over its first 10 months alone.

jpg

That's according to data from Sensor Tower, which tracks mobile spending across the iOS App Store and Google Play.This year's revenues are already up 11 per cent on 2019 with two months still to go, and up 30 per cent when comparing this year's first 10 months alone.

Pokémon Go has now earned around $4.2bn since its stratospheric launch back in 2016, but has never notched up $1bn in a single year before. After its enormous launch, revenues plummeted in 2017, only to recover strongly and continue growing every year since."

I thought this shyt was gonna be a fad everyone played for the summer but it's legit still going stronger than ever. We ain't NEVAAAA getting a real open world pokemon game.:sadbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Pokemon making all this damn money but can't cut a check to Gamefreak so they can develop a better game than that half assed sword and shield :stopitslime:

I actually think I read somewhere that nintendo and gamefreak don't see as much profits from GO as you'd think.

its still a shytload of money just for one little mobile game. Pokemon has been a cashcow for 3 decades already.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I actually think I read somewhere that nintendo and gamefreak don't see as much profits from GO as you'd think.

its still a shytload of money just for one little mobile game. Pokemon has been a cashcow for 3 decades already.
nikka the point is they still got big bread...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Pokemon making all this damn money but can't cut a check to Gamefreak so they can develop a better game than that half assed sword and shield :stopitslime:
That’s on Game Freak who are part owner of the The Pokémon Company. They basically keep a stranglehold on being the only game studio allowed to make a "full" Pokémon game even though their studio is incredibly limited in its ability. That's why every other Pokémon is some spin-off shyt.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
And they’re about to make more. Niantic reduced the pokestop interaction distance. They said they reduced it to pre-pandemic distance, and only increased it to support social distancing. Bullshyt. I live next door to one. I’ve been able to interact with it, from my apartment, since the game dropped. Now I have to go outside and be damn near on the church’s property. I visited a gym at a park, and it’s at a skating rink. I had to almost go inside to interact with it. They said they did it because the point of the game is to be active. Which is great. It’s the main thing I enjoy about the game. This just seems predatory though, and what they really want is for players to buy more pokeballs.