Playstation Now: Why doesnt Sony promote it more?

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
So with the latest news of Amazon also joining in the gaming streaming service, It seems like every major company is trying to get a piece of the pie. Sony launched playstation now back in 2014 , and today it offers between 700-1000 games at just 60 bucks anually. Some of them being PS2 and PS3 as well.

Why is it that Sony doesn't promote it more? or perhaps bundle it with Ps plus? Last time i checked , it has 2 million subscribers which is pretty low for a service that launched in 2014.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
maybe there is not enough games on it? the library needs to be bigger?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, ionno either. It does seem a lot better now than when it first aired. Still missing a few titles I was hoping would be on there, but for 60 a year and having my daughter being heavy into games now, I'll probably get it eventually. It does need to get promoted and worked on further tho.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
maybe there is not enough games on it? the library needs to be bigger?

He just said it's nearly 1000 games on there (I checked and it's about just shy of 800, which is more than what's on Gamerpass btw). I do know the streaming aspect of it needs to be tighter tho. It does have download option for some titles now, so that's definitely a workaround, which I didn't know about until I looked further for info.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He just said it's nearly 1000 games on there (I checked and it's about just shy of 800, which is more than what's on Gamerpass btw). I do know the streaming aspect of it needs to be tighter tho. It does have download option for some titles now, so that's definitely a workaround, which I didn't know about until I looked further for info.

if thats the case sony is marketing it really badly.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
some people don't like subscriptions and there may be way too many games to try out and we have so little time to play them :to:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Maybe not bad, but definitely not hard enough. Semantics I guess tho.

people are screaming gamepass from the rooftops and before monday were content with it being the main selling point of owning an xbox. If sony has a similar service and people are barely talking about it 6 years later, it's clearly a problem.

BTW i first played TLOU on my pc using PS NOW. This was like 2015.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
They are most likely not ready to make that commitment due to infrastructure (they do not have cloud servers just readily available, PSNOW is not even available in alot of countries due to this), risk aversion (they are not as big as MSFT, GOOGLE, AMZN so any risks that fails hurts them more.), Market leader (they have a profitable, winning formula and marketshare, probably want to milk it as long as they can) and long term viabiity (current and future profits from game streaming need to be able to justify the full commitment.)

I think well see PSNOW get more attention this gen but i can't blame them for being timid on giving up 70 dollars a pop on guaranteed 5-10 million sellers like GOW, TLOU, Horizon etc. Same way movie theaters are reluctant to put AAA movies on streaming, day one. At the same time, cant get complacent either and you have to look towards the future and what the competitors are doing. Its a delicate balance.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So with the latest news of Amazon also joining in the gaming streaming service, It seems like every major company is trying to get a piece of the pie. Sony launched playstation now back in 2014 , and today it offers between 700-1000 games at just 60 bucks anually. Some of them being PS2 and PS3 as well.

Why is it that Sony doesn't promote it more? or perhaps bundle it with Ps plus? Last time i checked , it has 2 million subscribers which is pretty low for a service that launched in 2014.
I'd appreciate if you actually listened to one of the hundred thousand post I've made on the subject.

Sony can't promote it because they did and it flopped.

Why it flop? Cuz they wanted to nickel and dime you on backwards compatibility. And when you thought the ps5 would be y'all jumped for joy but but but I'll change the subject.

If they wanted to do the same shyt Xbox doing, they'd have to upgrade Gaikai. Xbox cloud worth more than Sony but itself :wow: Really they'd have to acquire new tech because Gaikai is limited to 720p streams which is suicide to promote in the year 2020.

They not future proof...
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/courtdog-was-right-console-war-officially-over.709827/