Playstation Network is Down

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
If you’re having issues with the PlayStation Network (PSN) right now, you’re not alone. Sony’s status page for the multiplayer service confirms that it’s currently experiencing problems. The outage appears to be global — the official Ask PlayStation Japan Twitter account has reported the issue, and we’ve seen many users from Europe also reporting problems.

Every one of the categories listed on the PSN’s status page — account management, gaming and social, PlayStation Now, PlayStation Video, PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Direct — are all marked as being affected by the current outage.

Screen_Shot_2021_04_27_at_2.47.56_PM.png

Sony’s PSN status page, as of 5:48PM ET.
The Verge
has confirmed difficulties downloading items from the store, playing multiplayer games, checking leaderboards, and loading the PlayStation app on a mobile phone. There are also more than 40,000 reports of issues on Downdetector. They started to flow in at about 5PM ET.

We’ll keep an eye on the outage to see when it starts working again. For now, hopefully you’ve already got some of Sony’s free games downloaded for some offline play.

Sony didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment.

Developing...

PlayStation Network was down globally for over an hour

Sony brehs...yall have my sorrow:francis:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, I was experiencing this like an hour ago. I noticed that my youtube app wasn't linking to my account like it normally was and I couldn't sign in. Just the same, I couldn't buy anything from the store in the phone app. I switched thru my accounts and it was back up. Not sure if that did the trick (doubt it, but eh). I read that it wasn't effecting everyone all at once like a usual maintanence/issue would be tho.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I was playing TLOU2 and it cut me off saying they can't confirm if I have rights to the software. Then it tells to me to activate my PS4 as my primary PS4, then it will let me play. I go to activate, and it says that PSN is down.:francis:

I very rarely get a chance to game, and this happens now?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i have a weird situation for the past week or so where it wont let me use ethernet to connect to PSN, but it will let me connect to other sites if i use the browser. it does let me connect to PSN through wifi which kinda sucks because that is not the most stable connection.