PlayStation lays off 900 people + London studio closed

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

The PlayStation community means everything to us, so I felt it was important to update you on a difficult day at our company. We have made the extremely hard decision to announce our plan to commence a reduction of our overall headcount globally by about 8% or about 900 people, subject to local law and consultation processes. Employees across the globe, including our studios, are impacted.

These are incredibly talented people who have been part of our success, and we are very grateful for their contributions. However, the industry has changed immensely, and we need to future ready ourselves to set the business up for what lies ahead. We need to deliver on expectations from developers and gamers and continue to propel future technology in gaming, so we took a step back to ensure we are set up to continue bringing the best gaming experiences to the community.

Below I’ve shared a copy of the email I sent out to the company this morning to provide more context on our thinking. We deeply appreciate support and understanding from the PlayStation community as these decisions are very difficult. Please rest assured that our plans for reorganizing and streamlining are so we can continue to deliver the best gaming experiences possible.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not deflecting anything. I posted about how sad this shyt is about 900 people losing jobs but you came in here to turn this into a console war thread :unimpressed:
I just mentioned that they making all this money and getting record breaking accolades yet letting people go.

:yeshrug:

You bring up Xbox to deflect.

Also

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just mentioned that they making all this money and getting record breaking accolades yet letting people go.

:yeshrug:

You bring up Xbox to deflect.

Also

Take your console war shyt somewhere else. Why am I even entertaining this moron :camby: