‘Picked Apart by Vultures’: The Last Days of Stan Lee

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
‘Picked Apart by Vultures’: The Last Days of Stan Lee

You might expect Stan Lee, at age 95, to be enjoying the fruits of his many labors: Marvel Comics, the company he served as the former president and chairman of, dominates popular culture. Characters he co-created — among them Spider-Man, Iron Man, X-Men, and the Avengers — are household names. He’s a comics legend, with his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. When Marvel sold to Disney in 2010 for $4 billion, he personally pocketed a cool $10 million, and tours the world as its ambassador emeritus. And midway through his tenth decade, Black Panther, based on a character he and Jack Kirby first envisioned in 1966, currently sits atop the global box office charts, and carries a Rotten Tomatoes score of 97%.

Instead, seven months after the death of Joan, his wife of almost 70 years, beset with pneumonia, the apparent victim of gross financial malfeasance and surrounded by a panoply of Hollywood charlatans and mountebanks, he may be facing his greatest challenge, every bit the equal of any of the psychologically flawed superheroes he helped shepherd into being. According to one insider with working knowledge of Lee’s current situation, “It’s a real fukking mess over there. I think his money will be gone in a few weeks… Stan and [his daughter] JC are literally being picked apart by vultures.”

In just over two months, there have been published reports of an unauthorized check for $300,000 written from Lee’s business account without his knowledge to Hands of Respect, a “merchandising company” and ersatz charity formed by Lee and Jerry Olivarez, a former business associate of his daughter’s. The word “loan” is inscribed on the face of the check.

***click the link to read the rest it’s too long to copy/paste the entire thing

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like just didnt handle hia business right.....plenty of old millionaires his age that put protections in place

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Stan Lee stole a lot of credit from people. He started billing himself as the brand “owner” instead of an employee. fukk that crook, hope he gets hit by a Comicon tour bus.

I waited for that a$$hole to stop saying “we” and start saying “I” and the shyt finally happened a few years ago.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I didn't read the story yet but I read the rumors that his daughter fired his longtime personal assistant/handler (the guy that was always with Stan for the last 10 years, took him to doctors appointments, wiped his ass, etc), his longtime lawyer, his maid and nurses, and even took away his cell phone and is basically in control of every aspect of his life now. Got people saying she is making sure all of his estate goes to her and he won't sign over any of it on his death bed. But then there are other people saying she is protecting him from his longtime handler and people are trying to make her out to be the villain.

Sucks that shyt like this routinely happens to an old person with money.