Piano vs The Guitar which instrument is better?

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Guitar..all Rock legends played guitar in front of large concerts and got all the groupies..

Ain't no piano man doing this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4CRx6y7MlY"]Jimi Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner # 1 - YouTube[/ame]

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
you can play more notes on a piano than on a guitar. both are good tho cause you can play and sing at the same time, i play bass and guitar and wish i was better at piano.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Play what you wanna play, the opinion of others in something like this is irrelevant.

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Personally, if I'm just trying create an instrumental melody i prefer piano. If I'm working with a vocalist or singer i prefer guitar to find the vocal melody. Both are great instruments i can't really say one is better than the other. Guitar is much harder to learn IMO.

playplayaj

Drumming genius
Daps
Reppin
757 VA
Better as far as what?
In my opinion piano because you learn the music theory necessary to master any instrument. I had to take a strings class last semester and i played the cello. the only reason i passed was because of the interval relationship of fingers and strings and keys on a piano

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I'm going to go with piano. I don't know if this is 100% true, but I think that if you master the piano, it's easier to learn other instruments.

I knew a girl in college who knew piano, taught herself how to play acoustic, and ended up becoming a Youtube star. Got to be a guest on "Ellen" and everything. In college, I asked her how she figured the guitar out and she said it was b/c she knew the piano.