physical therapy

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Anyone been through it before?

I'm having my first session next week on account of stress pains on my right side causing my knee injury. Doctor said I have weak quads :martin:

I want to run again but I've been advised not to.

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have the same problem but mine stems from my plantar faciitis. I was having some intense footpain in my left foot and had to wear a boot and be on crutches for a while then I developed some inflammation and fluid in my knee. Had an MRI but the doctor doesn't really know what is causing it. He drained it with this big ass needle, then injected it with a steroid. Been feeling better since, but he referred me to Physical therapy because he thinks the crutches and boot caused my quad muscle to atrophy a bit causing the irritation and instability in my knee. Haven't scheduled my first appointment yet though.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Doctor said I have weak quads :martin:

before your injury occurred; did you attend any local gym in your area and try out any equipments besides the treadmill? like idk.. the squat machine or leg press machine?:jbhmm:

your doctor is correct. I can understand you want to build your cardio up; however, if all you do is running and not in corporate that with body weight workouts(pushups, squats, situps, planks, etc) you are not building any strength. ain't chu in the military? :ufdup:

anyways good luck and I hope u bounce back from your injury.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Anyone been through it before?

I'm having my first session next week on account of stress pains on my right side causing my knee injury. Doctor said I have weak quads :martin:

I had to go for sciatic nerve issue....it was useless. This was Walter Reed where they had me going to. An hour of 2 nurses instructing you how to do certain exercises and stretches. Ever since I been here in SA, I go to a chiro maybe 1-2x a month but I go to a stretch therapist guy and he's worked wonders regarding my flexibility. Mad cheap too. Same type of therapy would cost $150/session back in the States. I get five sessions here for that price alone