Philly Heads....Anybody Going to The Parkway On The 4th?

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Hosted by comedian Kevin Hart, the FREE Philly 4th of July Jam features blockbuster performances from The Roots, John Mayer, Jill Scott, Demi Lovato, Ne-Yo, Grace Potter, J. Cole and others on Eakins Oval in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

I guess they can only book so many artists given that the Made In America concert is in less than two months:

The Jay-Z and Budweiser brainchild, Made in America Festival, is heading back to Philly for the second year in a row. While attendance for the inaugural event was lower than expected - Philadelphia officials were hoping for upwards of 100k people and about half of that turned out - it was still considered a massive success. And with this year's addition of Beyonce, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix and Queens of the Stone Age, it should bring out the Philly crowd in droves. Presale tickets for the event go on sale at Live Nation April 17; regular 2-day passes cost $117 (plus fees) and VIP packages cost $499. If the ticket sales of other summer festivals are any indication, then these will surely sell out like hot cakes. Check back to SeatGeek for the best deals on the secondary market as they unfold:

Nine Inch Nails
Nero
Beyoncé
Ab-Soul
Phoenix
Feed Me
Public Enemy
GTA
Queens Of The Stone Age
Jay Rock
Deadmau5
3LAU
Solange
Imagine Dragons
The Gaslight Anthem
Calvin Harris
Emeli Sandé
A$AP Rocky
Schoolboy Q
Miguel
Walk the Moon
Redlight
Jesse Rose
Rudimental
Kendrick Lamar
Porter Robinson
Fitz and the Tantrums
2 Chainz
Wolfgang Gartner
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
AlunaGeorge
Robert DeLong
Haim
TJR
Wiz Khalifa

Anyway, yeah...Marsha Ambroshius also performs next Saturday at Penn's Landing during Taste of Philly.

little4209

All Star
Daps
I may head down, most likely I'll be down there earlier supporting the local artists...not to sure if I wanna deal with that evening crowd

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
What time do the celebrations end? I'm flying in to Philly around 4-5 just wondering if I have enough time to make the fireworks and concerts.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Happened to see black thought do a couple joints with jazzy Jeff this morning while I was on my bike ride

Cool to see some songs before flash mobs show up haha

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Nah, I've been going to the parkway for like 5 years straight.

That shyt is exhausting man, walking through that crowd, standing up for hours.. Plus it's hot as shyt right now. I'll just catch it on TV.