Persona 3 Reloaded - Xbox, PS4,PS5, PC -February 2, 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

A leaker that previously revealed Atlus is working on a remake of Persona 3 reconfirms the game's development. What's next for the Persona franchise has been a mystery since the release of Persona 5 Royal in 2019, as Atlus has lingered on the RPG, bringing it to PC, PS5, Switch, and Xbox consoles in 2022. With that behind it, Atlus seems primed to move onto the next major Persona release. Yet it might not be Persona 6 at all, but rather another opportunity for Persona 3.

One user brought up a longstanding rumor regarding a Persona 3 remake, questioning if it was still happening with Atlus now re-releasing Persona 3 Portable. This prompted a response from insider lolilolailo, who previously leaked the news of Persona coming to Xbox Game Pass in 2022. According to lolilolailo, the Persona 3 remake "is real" still.

A follow-up comment asking why Atlus would re-release Persona 3 Portable if a remake was in development also received an answer. lolilolailo explained, quite simply, "It's Atlus." More specifically, they say an updated Persona 3 Portable release will bring the "whole" Persona saga to new consoles. Atlus can capitalize on the original game, and then on the remake with its Persona 5-like graphics and quality-of-life improvements later.

To be clear, lolilolailo never says that the Persona 3 remake is one of Atlus' planned announcements for 2023. It's entirely possible the remake, if it does exist, will launch much later. That would give the Persona 3 Portable re-launch plenty of time to breathe. Without an official confirmation from Atlus, though, Persona fans will just have to wait and see what Atlus has planned next for the increasingly popular RPG franchise.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can they stop bullshytting and give us Persona 6 already? :francis:
Forget Persona 6 I just want to actually see Project Re Fantasy happen. It's been like 6 or 7 years and nothing.

Persona 6 hasn't even been announced yet. Re Fantasy has and is by the director of Persona 3, 4, and 5.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
to me it might as well be persona 6 cause im never playing the first 3 games unless they get remade

I've played and beat them all, they are great. The quality of life improvements of the earlier ones need it the most though. Ironically, I beat 1 and the duology of 2 on the Vita as well as Persona 4 Golden. I beat P3 FES on the PS3 and P5 on the PS4. Strikers on the PS5.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would prefer Persona 6. Why can't they make a new game? Getting tired of remake games so it seems they're lazy to make a new game. I guess they don't have to make a budget to save their $$$.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
From a financial standpoint, I get it. P3 is when the series hit it big. But Persona 1 & 2 are crying out for a remake. And fans would still buy them as the SMT series is bigger than ever these days.

P2 (combined) + updated visuals and gameplay = literally the best RPG of all time.

Eternal Punishment has the best story in the series imo, and I wish more people got to experience it.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I have 0 desire to play thru a updated p3. The battle systems of persona games are never engrossing enough foe all that