People are calling Out Oprah for her 1987 Clip in Forsyth County GA "Oprah ain't the only nIkka in here"

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
This isn't a song. This is a Richard Pryor comedy album that came out in 1974 and won a Grammy in 1975.
Winning the Grammy using the word is how the word became fashionable to use in its present context.
Paul Mooney, Richard Pryor's writer even confirms this.
You did no casual research on that post, did you?
I read dude's post and it was like the most obtuse thing I'd read on here.

If you blame rappers for folks saying the n word you have a lot of shyt to disregard throughout history.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
You clearly missed the point I was making or don't understand the point I was making. I was not talking about why the word became fashionable. I was talking about why other races use the word and it's because of rap songs. That's the only way non black races experience the word in any type of media today. Whether Pryor made the word fashionable or not has nothing to do with the point I was making. Holyshyt try to actually comprehend shyt.
Yeah you are being willfully obtuse. I see now. You can't possibly believe that.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah you are being willfully obtuse. I see now. You can't possibly believe that.

Unless they group around black people where do they hear the word? You got dudes in Europe saying the nword. Where do they learn that from? You guys are the ones being obtuse. shyt's hilarious.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I read dude's post and it was like the most obtuse thing I'd read on here.

If you blame rappers for folks saying the n word you have a lot of shyt to disregard throughout history.
I tried to take him back to the watershed moment, given how influential Richard Pryor was to the generation that wound up using it in hip-hop.
Prior to 1974 that was still a fighting word, King died in 1968 and Black Power was dwindling in influence by 1974.
Up jumps Richard Pryor and Paul Mooney using the word in a comedic context and the connotation of the word begins changing.
While it retains its degrading roots, something new is happening to it and the generation raised on Pryor start using it frequently in their rhymes.
It only becomes marginally degrading as it becomes a term of endearment between black people.
Then black people find it acceptable to let other people say it because they're no longer recognizing that it can be degrading, they're focusing on context and not the word itself.
Taking their eye off the ball.
The nineties roll around, black people start making significant pop culture gains and here we are in this thread.
Fast forward to now, since non-blacks weren't checked you got black people defending China Mac saying the word.
Then you look at how China is doing Africa and ask yourself, is hip-hop to blame or was it not checking one of our own because he put the word in a different context.
Next you have to ask some serious questions about the past, but if you're focusing on one area a larger spread of the issue is missed.
This is the result of sleeping through history class.
You clearly missed the point I was making or don't understand the point I was making. I was not talking about why the word became fashionable. I was talking about why other races use the word and it's because of rap songs. That's the only way non black races experience the word in any type of media today. Whether Pryor made the word fashionable or not has nothing to do with the point I was making. Holyshyt try to actually comprehend shyt.
Your point was so elementary it wasn't worth addressing so I made an attempt to correct you.
You clearly missed my point.