People are calling Out Oprah for her 1987 Clip in Forsyth County GA "Oprah ain't the only nIkka in here"

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Fake outrage.

She was in hostile territory and putting racism on blast. "calling her out" 35 years after the fact because she kept her poise in that situation instead of what? Getting angry with one of the people defending her?

Plenty of shyt to 'drag' Ophrey about, I don't think this is one of them though. Then again it's a lot of people who have nothing else to in life to get passionate about but some bullshyt.
It's kinda amazing how people on here hate Oprah for no apparent reason yet somehow big up a serial rapist like Cosby.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's kinda amazing how people on here hate Oprah for no apparent reason yet somehow big up a serial rapist like Cosby.

I had my reasons but dont really remember now.
I do remember she shytted on hiphop,and that had me tight at the time.
But now that im older and hiphop is mostly wack. I somewhat agree with some of what she was saying. But she was still way too early on that stance. There were still redeeming qualities about hiphop back then. These days I dont really see it

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Y’all really in here having full convos and rage over a moment that happened almost 40 years ago?? :dwillhuh:
People love calling you :flabbynsick: for reminiscing on the good stuff from back in the day but then will do this. What’s the point? What is the point in talking about this now? What’s the end result?
It's a 30 year old, 20 second clip from an hour long show.

From 1985-1992 Every talk show did an annual episode where the put white supremacists on blast. They weren't platforming them since there was always pushback from either the host or the audience.

shyt is actually worse now since a Richard Spencer type character can go on joe Rogans podcast and spread their message unopposed.
Right! shyt was worse then. Actually the stuff then should’ve made things better for folks now.. Everybody and they mama use the N word.. c00nin is at an all time high, all kinds of shyt happening. I don’t care too much about Oprah but this is unnecessary

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why would you intentionally go to a place like this? Reminds me of that fat black dude that befriends KKK members :mjlol:
It gets you a lot of views. And sometimes its kind of interesting like this video

I’d never want to be around people like that though

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I dont get the defense of Cosby or R Kelly round here, but the hatred for Oprah was mainly centered around the MJ doc a couple years back.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
People love calling you :flabbynsick: for reminiscing on the good stuff from back in the day but then will do this. What’s the point? What is the point in talking about this now? What’s the end result?

Right! shyt was worse then. Actually the stuff then should’ve made things better for folks now.. Everybody and they mama use the N word.. c00nin is at an all time high, all kinds of shyt happening. I don’t care too much about Oprah but this is unnecessary

That shyt is far removed from the social media era where people could look up and verify things. White America had been sold the notion that everything was relatively equal then, affirmative action and all that. Even your run of the mill kinda racist white person probably didn't know there were still "Sundown Towns" all across the USA. A program like the one Oprah had didn't spread that message or philosphy the way it would now. It mostly reminded 'good' white people that things haven't changed as much as you think.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
To me there's nothing to be outraged about. Oprah was in the lion's den and the "good Christian white lady" was making a decent but poorly worded point.
Oprah was trying to show these sheltered white folks a mirror.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Opening that word to all races is why we're in the state we're in.
Letting other races openly use and change the meaning of that word is why we're in the state we're in.

whoopi-ted-roast-2.jpg

*No debates today.

Blame rappers. There would be no reason for other races to even say it if it wasn't for rap music.