People are calling Out Oprah for her 1987 Clip in Forsyth County GA "Oprah ain't the only nIkka in here"

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Why would you intentionally go to a place like this? Reminds me of that fat black dude that befriends KKK members :mjlol:
maxresdefault.jpg

Breh showing the Summer Line from the Clarence Tomas Fashion Collection.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
No worse than when Jerry Springer had the Klan on his show for two hourly national TV aired episodes giving them a platform to express themselves:yeshrug: Oprah might've been trying to get at something but executed very poorly.

I know TheColi hates Oprah more than ____ (insert one of TLR's favorite CAC bigot) but I don't hate or love Oprah just indifferent.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Can’t trust anything chopped from 35 years ago. Being an Atlanta native I remember it was a big deal Oprah went down there to get them crackers on record but now it’s seen as Oprah being a c00n.

As a youngin I was in charge to setting the VCR to record Oprah for my mom because she could never get it working right. :mjlol:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
It's a 30 year old, 20 second clip from an hour long show.

From 1985-1992 Every talk show did an annual episode where the put white supremacists on blast. They weren't platforming them since there was always pushback from either the host or the audience.

shyt is actually worse now since a Richard Spencer type character can go on joe Rogans podcast and spread their message unopposed.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black folks weren't surprised when white folks said that word back in the day because they knew how white folks were. White folks weren't trying to hide their racism like they do now

Gen Z let their white friends say it because they use -a instead of -er :snoop:. They more concerned about losing a friend instead of being disrespected