Pentiment [XBOX Consoles|PC|Cloud|Switch|PS5] (Medieval narrative adventure) [Update: Coming out on Switch tomorrow]

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is an incredible game. Not for everyone but like a good book, it hooked me and I've been playing this non stop over the weekend

Some of the choices you make and the impact it has 5 and then 10 years down the line is crazy

I'm close to the end and feel like it could have played out completely differently if I made different choices

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is an incredible game. Not for everyone but like a good book, it hooked me and I've been playing this non stop over the weekend

Some of the choices you make and the impact it has 5 and then 10 years down the line is crazy

I'm close to the end and feel like it could have played out completely differently if I made different choices

Tbh a lot of the choices lead down very similar roads imo.

Anyway great game. The backstory of the protagonist is really sad.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Been meaning to play this.

But it's getting a 120fps patch. Guess I'll wait for that :russ:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Man, my detective skills suck! :russ: I doubt you can solve it all right at the beginning, but... Maybe you can?

Got bytch ass Ferenc executed and saved Brother Piero, only for a few years. Still felt a little bit bad to have put him to death without conclusive evidence. He's probably innocent but he was the only person I didn't mind seeing take the blame.

Had to save Piero at all costs :yeshrug:

Toughest choice so far still was fukking the nun or saving the respect Illuminata had for me... I fukked the little jezebel in the library :snoop:

A little part of me was afraid the game would end right after the first arc when everything seemed somehow settled, but I'm ready for the timeskip :whoo:

Also, why are the eating sections so satisfying? Making me hungry smh

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Man i keep putting like 2.5 hours into it and its just not for me. I was most interested in the little flourishes that happen when they discuss literature and the backstory of why text keeps changing... but im honestly just gonna look up the story on wikipedia cause the minute to minute gameplay is boring as shyt.

I dont like having to walk halfway across the world to my objective and talking to random villagers about squabbles. I keep getting to the part where you can do multiple things in a day and I start drifting away. I love the artstyle though.

Daps
This game was :whew: to me.

Without spoiling specific plot points, I think it did a great job of differentiating between the landowner/religious class, the merchant class, and the peasantry in this game and how they see certain events that occur.

It's got top-level art direction too, but the writing was so good. They layered the major theme of the game over the plot itself perfectly, to the point that I started it again and one early conversation retrospectively is a clear arrow pointing to the character behind the game's events and that character's motivations.

J.E. Sawyer did it again.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man i keep putting like 2.5 hours into it and its just not for me. I was most interested in the little flourishes that happen when they discuss literature and the backstory of why text keeps changing... but im honestly just gonna look up the story on wikipedia cause the minute to minute gameplay is boring as shyt.

I dont like having to walk halfway across the world to my objective and talking to random villagers about squabbles. I keep getting to the part where you can do multiple things in a day and I start drifting away. I love the artstyle though.

Yeah I love the game but there is a lot of scrolling around from place to place.

However, you should just finish Act 1 and see how you feel then - I didn't really like the game until Act 2.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Just finished it.

It was great, and much longer than I anticipated. Very dope game, very interesting and it reinforces my hope in what games could be, what stories they could tell, what unique experiences they could offer.

Man, I'm so glad something like this exits. I'm stepping out of this time capsule and now I somehow long for it a little bit.

Edit: the fact that they got sources at the end of the credits :whoo::blessed::ohlawd: