Peak Television 2016

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
So according to John Landgraf, head of FX, there were 455 television series that aired in 2016, with that slated to grow in the next year. I figured I'd ask the board, how many shows they actually watched in 2016.

I read on a different site, where someone said they watched/recorded 66 shows (which kind of blew my mind).

I personally only watched 16 (was 18, but two were canceled) all the way through the season. Rick & Morty didn't have new episodes this year, but I still count it. I also didn't count shows I sampled and then dropped like Billions.

So in this era of "Peak TV" how many network shows did you watch? I only watched two and both were on CBS in Mom and Madam Secretary. Everything else was either premium channels, FX or streaming for the most part.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
So according to John Landgraf, head of FX, there were 455 television series that aired in 2016, with that slated to grow in the next year. I figured I'd ask the board, how many shows they actually watched in 2016.

I read on a different site, where someone said they watched/recorded 66 shows (which kind of blew my mind).

I personally only watched 16 (was 18, but two were canceled) all the way through the season. Rick & Morty didn't have new episodes this year, but I still count it. I also didn't count shows I sampled and then dropped like Billions.

So in this era of "Peak TV" how many network shows did you watch? I only watched two and both were on CBS in Mom and Madam Secretary. Everything else was either premium channels, FX or streaming for the most part.

GeYzD.gif

Breh, I got Game of Thrones, Better call Saul, Mr. Robot, walking dead, Quarry, Westworld, Penny Dreadful, Its Always Sunny, Last Man on Earth, Stranger Things, Man in the High Castle....

TV right now is glorious.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Breh, I got Game of Thrones, Better call Saul, Mr. Robot, walking dead, Quarry, Westworld, Penny Dreadful, Its Always Sunny, Last Man on Earth, Stranger Things, Man in the High Castle....

TV right now is glorious.

None of these shows you just listed are network shows with the exception of Last Man on Earth. I tapped out of that show after two seasons. What else are you watching on "network TV?"

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brooklyn 99
Black-ish
Modern Family
New Girl
Big Bang Theory
Simpsons
Family Guy
Designated Survivor
Wayward Pines
They have scripted tv series beyond basic cable now... you should check it out.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
They have scripted tv series beyond basic cable now... you should check it out.
:dwillhuh: I have watched cable shows on the premium channels, but the OP didn't ask that he asked what shows we watch on the Network channels so I listed the Network shows I watched. I watch shows on Network TV, basic cable and the premium channels :manny: Even some Netflix originals here and there.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Network TV doesn't have the amount of great dramas that cable has, but there are still some really funny comedies and good superhero/fantasy stuff.

Arrow
The Flash
LOT
Supergirl
iZombie
The 100

Superstore
The Good Place
New Girl
B99
Modern Family
Fresh off the Boat
Blackish
Last Man on Earth
Empire
The Carmichael Show
Still check out some Fox animated comedies

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I watch damn near everything or atleast give shows a couple episodes to see if it's worth keeping up with

I would have to go thru my server to give an accurate number but im probably watching close to 100 shows that are currently airing

Edit: didn't read the whole OP at first

Network shows I currently watch:

The Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
iZombie
The 100
Bull
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Superstore
The Last Man on Earth
Black-ish
The Goldbergs
Fresh off the Boat
The Blacklist
Designated Survivor
The Good Place

Last edited:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Stranger things
The get down
Jessica Jones
Fresh off the boat
Kim's convenience
The good place
Mr.robot
Atlanta
Luke cage
New girl
Brooklyn 99
Blackish
Carmichael show
Bob's burgers
The flash

I've finished 2 Asian dramas too.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Watched a bunch of cable/streaming shows, more than I would want to publicly admit haha. Absolutely nothing to do where I live so I just watch a lot of TV. It is pretty much impossible to keep up with all the shows I like, so I really have to enjoy a new show to if I am going to keep watching it. If I don't like it after 2-3 episodes, I'm done with it. Some even after one episode if it is just that bad.

Network TV shows I watched/enjoyed in 2016 included:
  • 2 Broke Girls
  • American Crime - this past season was pretty amazing
  • Arrow
  • Designated Survivor
  • Family Guy
  • Grandfathered
  • Last Man Standing
  • Lucifer
  • Speechless
  • Superstore
  • The 100
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Goldbergs
  • The Good Place
  • The Grinder - RIP
  • The Last Man on Earth
  • This Is Us - Definitely one of the best TV shows on right now
  • Timeless
A few others I need to catch up on (most notably The Flash).

And I'll pretty mich give any network sitcom a shot since it can be hard to find a truly funny comedy show. Plus if you watch it after it's aired and skip through the commercials, they are such a quick watch at around just ~20-22 minutes

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: I have watched cable shows on the premium channels, but the OP didn't ask that he asked what shows we watch on the Network channels so I listed the Network shows I watched. I watch shows on Network TV, basic cable and the premium channels :manny: Even some Netflix originals here and there.
My bad... didn't read the whole first post... and then saw the response that didn't include network shows...

I watched an episode here and there of some network shows but the only one I watched more than a couple episodes of was Elementary. Nothing else held my attention.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Atlanta
Westworld
Narcos
Mr Robot
Insecure
Better Call Saul
The Night Of
Vice Principals
Preacher
Orange is The New Black
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Stranger Things
Silicon Valley
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
The Get Down
Last Chance U
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Man Seeking Woman

I was more than well fed this year shyt I'm probably missing some :wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Cable/Premium/Streaming shows for me this year. Not a complete list, but these are the ones I liked the most. Some like American Horror Story I watched but thought the season was just meh.

American Crime Story
American Horror Story - but this season was pretty bad
Better Call Saul
Black Mirror
Bloodline
Casual
Cleverman
Daredevil
Fargo
Flaked
Homeland
Humans