Paul Heyman: Roman Reigns Considered Himself Retired After Stepping Away During COVID

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Paul Heyman: Roman Reigns Considered Himself Retired After Stepping Away During COVID

[Link to the original article Uproxx](https://uproxx.com/sports/paul-heyman-interview-wwe-wrestlemania-40-roman-reigns-documentary/)

Full quote

* “I was executive director of Monday Night Raw, and Roman was assigned to SmackDown. But every week I heard all the SmackDown writers and producers and personnel saying, ‘God, I just wish Roman would come back.’ And I would ask, has anybody talked to him? Yeah, he says he’s retired. He’s not coming back. No way. Thanks a lot. Done. Finished. Goodbye. So the fact that he came back for this run, for what we have accomplished, is nothing short of a miracle because as far as he was concerned, he was out.”*

Heyman actually talked (on Rick Rubin's podcast) about how the dog food stuff actually had Roman in the "if I'm gonna come back, we're gonna do things my way, no writers" etc

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
200.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Would have retired as a disappointment and what could have been, IMO.

This last 3+ yrs has been nothing short of spectacular for him. And I think the Tribal Chief character could actually be better than it has been. They need to let him lean into the character more.

giphy.gif