Part 1: What if Winona Ryder would've been in The Godfather Part III as she was initially casted

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
there are a lot of things about this film that are just flat. but the biggest always seems to be the casting of Sofia Coppola.

what if Winona would've been in it, do you think she could've saved it? i know if she would've been in it, she definitely would've acted her ass off.

thoughts?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nah, the story still wouldn't hold up against 1 or 2. It would've improved the energy of those scenes, but to be honest I think Sofia wasn't the problem of this flick.

The problem is that Michael's transformation to a man seeking redemption...happened off screen, and we're just left with a literally shell of who we've seen in the first two.

Vincent is much more interesting, and Andy nails it.

My perfect GFIII which only requires minimal changes: I wish we could've gotten a slightly more ruthless Mike to begin the movie, who would then be :picard: As he gets to know Vincenzo (who's demonic because he was raised into a family where a younger brother killed his older brother), and that's what kickstarts him to the path of seeking redemption.

You can keep most of the rest, but I think the biggest flaw of the movie is actually Michael - and not his kids.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
The film was still meh. I own all the films on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray and always fall asleep when I put on part 3.

Winona would still be her kooky weird self.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I really would have loved to have seen a civil war between Michael and Tom, and it ends up destroying lives and taking down the whole Corleone empire. That would’ve been a whole hell of a lot better than what we got but salary disputes ruined everything.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The problem with GF3 is Michael Corleone.

We know he has aged but he just sucks the life out of all scenes, except for the one scene.

Saying that, “Daddy” is one of the WOAT delivered lines in movie history. :dead:

I think the movie would have been better if it focused more on Michael trying to keep power and the family strong as things were collapsing around them. The Corleone family was never under threat in this movie and were never shown as weak. There was a real world version of this with the collapse of the Gambino family happening in real time.