Paramount/WB talking merger

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess they forgave Paramount from selling them the rights to South Park then just making new South Park content, calling it specials, and only showing it on Paramount+.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Wall Street Journal has a story with a quote about the climate for Justice Department Civil Division in DC, won't allow this.

I see it as a possible good bet from a streaming standpoint, just personally, those two together would be a lot more appealing than apart. Paramount has a lot of movies and shows, the Taylor Sheridan stuff would be a major selling point, even if I don't really fukk with it.

From a financial standpoint, it would save a lot of money, marketing, promo, production costs.

The regulatory environment for mergers and acquisitions has been tough under the Biden administration. The combination of two large movie studios and the Max and Paramount+ streaming services would likely face scrutiny from antitrust enforcers.

“We have a very hard time believing the current FTC/DOJ, which has been very aggressive in combating industry consolidation, would give this deal a pass,” TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz said in a research note that threw cold water on the prospects for a deal.

Disney acquired Fox entertainment assets in 2019—a transaction that also united two major studios under one roof—but that deal happened under a more deal-friendly Trump administration.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wall Street Journal has a story with a quote about the climate for Justice Department Civil Division in DC, won't allow this.

I see it as a possible good bet from a streaming standpoint, just personally, those two together would be a lot more appealing than apart. Paramount has a lot of movies and shows, the Taylor Sheridan stuff would be a major selling point, even if I don't really fukk with it.

From a financial standpoint, it would save a lot of money, marketing, promo, production costs.

The regulatory environment for mergers and acquisitions has been tough under the Biden administration. The combination of two large movie studios and the Max and Paramount+ streaming services would likely face scrutiny from antitrust enforcers.

“We have a very hard time believing the current FTC/DOJ, which has been very aggressive in combating industry consolidation, would give this deal a pass,” TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz said in a research note that threw cold water on the prospects for a deal.

Disney acquired Fox entertainment assets in 2019—a transaction that also united two major studios under one roof—but that deal happened under a more deal-friendly Trump administration.

That's what I was saying in the other thread. The FTC is not going to allow this merger.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I feel like they'll allow it
I think they're going to sell off most of cbs minus cbs sports
but it's going to take a lot of legal money to pull this deal through
it'll be like the MSFT/ATVI merger

them owning Cartoon Network and nickelodeon is crazy though
then they would have the film and tv rights to hasbro properties too:mjlol:
oh then they got South Park and adult swim for the older audience
crazy

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is the way things are headed. All these subscription services can't survive and cable TV is not long for this world.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is the way things are headed. All these subscription services can't survive and cable TV is not long for this world.
Which is funny considering that the end result is going to be cablesque all over again with them companies combining and bundling services together.

I still don't see how these companies didn't realize that in the first place considering why cable was created in the first place.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Just like AT&T being broken up only to merge right back into AT&T again.

I expect CBS and regional sports and other news affiliates to be forced to not be part of the merger and then that's all she wrote.