42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
not a surprise tbh

lamplighter's league was..... not it

i get wanting to develop an IP that was purely their own - they don't control Battletech or Shadowrun - but with LL they just didn't understand the assignment

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That's wild how they just signed them and destroyed the studio due to 1 failure. I feel if you're going to acquire a company then there should be long-term plans, and it shouldn't be 1 failure and you're out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's wild how they just signed them and destroyed the studio due to 1 failure. I feel if you're going to acquire a company then there should be long-term plans, and it shouldn't be 1 failure and you're out.

Also, isn’t this their first non-kickstarter game since?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i doubt its 'one' failure. probably more of a.... "we told yal this was a bad idea - but if you go ahead with it, you're gonna hold that" from the start

and tbh - if they're nothing without the shadowrun and battletech IPs, then they shouldn't have them :hubie:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Also, isn’t this their first non-kickstarter game since?
I believe so

i doubt its 'one' failure. probably more of a.... "we told yal this was a bad idea - but if you go ahead with it, you're gonna hold that" from the start

and tbh - if they're nothing without the shadowrun and battletech IPs, then they shouldn't have them :hubie:
Agreed, business wise it's best to drop them than to waste resources. However, it's still messed up to acquire them and not have a long-term plan.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I play a lot of Paradox titles, but have no idea what this game is