Pac's speech at the 1993 Indiana Black Expo

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
First off apologies if this has been discussed. I find myself coming back to this speech regularly anytime I'm feeling unmotivated or lazy. I get an unexplainable sense of guilt when I watch this shyt because I know I can do better. It really is insane how raw Pac was. This shyt was really in his blood

I urge anybody that hasn't sat through it in full to do so and share your thoughts

2:53 he just goes in and doesn't stop from there. It's hard to sit through this and not feel some type of way

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I shared this with some colleagues from Howard. To me, this speech was a perfect articulation of where the young Black man was at that point in time. I mean, right on down to why the gangs and criminals were being more embraced.

Working and being around the elders from that community I’ve also heard a lot of the things he was saying. Especially about how they turned bougie after the movement and left other behind. How they’d rather pontificate and debate rather than take real substantive action. How standing up and giving yourself to your people comes with great personal risk.

Real shyt, despite how coarse and raw the language is I still think it’s one of the most brilliant speeches I’ve ever heard with regards to explaining why things are how they are. Really makes it disappointing that he didn’t write that Autobiography in prison. Would’ve been one of the most important books in the modern era on some real Hip Hop Autobiography of Malcolm X shyt.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
I shared this with some colleagues from Howard. To me, this speech was a perfect articulation of where the young Black man was at that point in time. I mean, right on down to why the gangs and criminals were being more embraced.

Working and being around the elders from that community I’ve also heard a lot of the things he was saying. Especially about how they turned bougie after the movement and left other behind. How they’d rather pontificate and debate rather than take real substantive action. How standing up and giving yourself to your people comes with great personal risk.

Real shyt, despite how coarse and raw the language is I still think it’s one of the most brilliant speeches I’ve ever heard with regards to explaining why things are how they are. Really makes it disappointing that he didn’t write that Autobiography in prison. Would’ve been one of the most important books in the modern era on some real Hip Hop Autobiography of Malcolm X shyt.
The visible pain in his face and voice when he talks about seeing his momma cracked out was what really got me.

Wise beyond his years. I don’t know how this kid was able to command audiences the way he was at his age but I have no doubt that he was seen as a threat akin to the revolutionaries he came from.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off apologies if this has been discussed. I find myself coming back to this speech regularly anytime I'm feeling unmotivated or lazy. I get an unexplainable sense of guilt when I watch this shyt because I know I can do better. It really is insane how raw Pac was. This shyt was really in his blood

I urge anybody that hasn't sat through it in full to do so and share your thoughts

2:53 he just goes in and doesn't stop from there. It's hard to sit through this and not feel some type of way

Damn didnt finish the whole thing but i need to download this and save it on my phone. This the type of shyt the youth need to hear today

• Dap
Reactions: Kai