Overdose deaths are falling rapidly

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Smart-Select-20240919-112323-Chrome.jpg

Fatal drug overdoses, which fell in the U.S. last year for the first time since before the pandemic, are continuing to decline, according to preliminary CDC data.
Why it matters: Overdoses kill more than 100,000 people a year, but the number appears to be dropping rapidly.

• The most recent CDC data, which ends in April, shows that the number of overdose deaths is falling faster than the 3% decrease between 2022 and 2023.
By the numbers: CDC data looks at rolling totals over 12-month periods.

• In the 12 months ending in April, there was a 10% decline from the same period a year before.
Zoom in: Public health experts are stunned by how dramatically deaths are falling, NPR reports.

• “This is going to be the best year we've had since all of this started,” Keith Humphreys, a drug policy researcher at Stanford, told NPR.
Between the lines: We need more data and more research to determine what’s driving the decline in deaths, but experts have theories.

• Naloxone is more widely available, and more drug users carry the medication with them for safety.
  • Many of the pandemic-era circumstances — like social isolation, increased stress, and people using drugs alone — are no longer factors.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was going to do my drug of choice, but I need to be responsible and pay my rent and buy groceries. :mjlol:
I mean am I lying tho? disposable income ain’t hitting like it used to. I mean of course you got people who gonna give their last dime to get high off some shyt but it ain’t no opioids :mjlol: gotta have bread for that

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude you are absurd lol.

:yeshrug: I mean what else is the reason? data starting at 2022 which so happen to be the start of crazy inflation. People in the streets off some drugs are only a small part of the picture. it’s the moderate middle class folk who have access to most of this stuff.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
:yeshrug: I mean what else is the reason? data starting at 2022 which so happen to be the start of crazy inflation. People in the streets off some drugs are only a small part of the picture. it’s the moderate middle class folk who have access to most of this stuff.
Probably because Narcan is more available now. Money doesn’t matter to addicts. They’ll hustle, steal or sell themselves if they run out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Drugs are recession proof and not a respecter of social status or class…

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They only acted because 850k od from the fentanyl king.
So they actually fought to eliminate drugs in their community.
Plus eliminated fraud, the darkweb and stock market at the same time.

I been looking into this because during the pandemic. I was trying to research.
if I should move money around to mess with any of that bullshyt.

Like stocks and bitcoin.

From my discovery zone.
Bitcoin, stocks and were all based on fraud from Russian stock market conspirators. Plus money the fentanyl king lost. As well as foreign guys pinched for fentanyl. Who were also guilty of laundering money. Which they never recovered and can never be seized.

The fentanyl king only took out 2 mil at a time reportedly. Yet supplied enough fentanyl.
to contribute to a staggering 850k of od's.

So stop believe'n the cons about stocks and bitcoin. It is all a digital fraud based eightmile lie.
As rhe feds even exposed the Russian spies manipulating the stock market. Self admittedly were so trash like anyone at stocks without manipulation. That they have the transcripts of the Russians explaining they were in danger of getting caught. As the general person always takes losses and never recovers. Plus eventually would lead to them being exposed and jailed. As a matter of fact. A lot will be exposed but not available to people. As facts and news are not the facts and news anymore. You want to know. You have to be trained or have a background in discovery. To attempt to find answers that are so called factual.
You will not find answers by accident.

You will have to perform numerous braintrust building attempts of discovery.

Art Barr

Stop believe'n these playalistic voices.The big Willie the wack the unoriginal.
Got the recording public believe'n...y'all some criminals.

Last edited: