Oscar Bait season is amongst us, what movie has y’alls attention?

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
this is the first year i’ve really been out of the loop on what’s coming up so please inform me :hubie:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Subscribe to The Big Picture, Indiewire Screen talk and Little Gold Men podcasts if you truly wanna be in the loop

Daps
First Man is supposed to be good but the movie is kind of tanking no? Could that hurt the chances?

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Sandcastles in Sambhal

A young woman's journey to engineering school, sparked from a family trip to a beach as a girl.

Powerful film, standing ovation at Cannes. It's my darkhorse.

Hopefully a studio will grab its rights and bring it stateside in time for a nomination.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Subscribe to The Big Picture, Indiewire Screen talk and Little Gold Men podcasts if you truly wanna be in the loop
Or do one better and don't subscribe to podcasts at all and remain a free cinematic explorer with an expanded horizon. :ducreux2:

Anyway, based on its reception I believe Roma will be the film to beat this year. Normally folks turn their eyes to Toronto to see which flicks pick up buzz but this year Venice kept all of the buzz and there Roma stood tall.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Or do one better and don't subscribe to podcasts at all and remain a free cinematic explorer with an expanded horizon. :ducreux2:

Anyway, based on its reception I believe Roma will be the film to beat this year. Normally folks turn their eyes to Toronto to see which flicks pick up buzz but this year Venice kept all of the buzz and there Roma stood tall.
:camby:

I just don't see them giving it to a Netflix movie regardless of its raptorous reception.

I'd love to see it happen though. though I wouldn't be surprised to see them give it to A Star is Born cuz oscars gonna oscar