Origins of MKs Noob Saibot

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I might be one of the few MK fans who didn't know this but thought it was an entertaining read none the less
Reptile’s discovery took a while. Not even his co-workers at Midway, including Mortal Kombat co-creator John Tobias, knew the green ninja was in the game until players found it in the wild.

“I vaguely remember confronting Ed on it and asking him to please let me know when he adds a secret character or secret anything to the games,” Tobias said in a Twitter thread reflecting on the origins of Mortal Kombat’s earliest Easter eggs.

The developers explicitly teased Jade and Smoke in one of the game’s stages, the Living Forest. But Ed wanted to squeeze in another secret of his own.

That character was Noob Saibot, an all-black version of Scorpion. Noob’s unusual name, of course, comes from the creators’ last names, Boon and Tobias, spelled backward. Knowing that, you might think that the other half of the creative team would be involved in the character’s creation. But Noob Saibot was a total surprise to Tobias, who didn’t find out about the character until the studio was already well into development on Mortal Kombat 3.

The origin of Noob Saibot

MKIII is still the GFGOAT...be mad about it.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Aye...you fukk with MK11?
I do but I'm pretty trash cuz I don't take the time to learn juggles n shyt. MK2 was one of the first games I ever played as a kid and I been beating nikkas ass in the hood for years but when I got XBOX Live I learned it was levels to this shyt. If you one of them super combo nikkas I'm probably good breh.

Don't I owe you a rematch in 2K though:mjgrin: